It Gets Better...

I'm joining my LGT friends later this evening about suicide prevention for the gay community.

I'll be wearing purple button.

Are you wearing purple on the 20th?

Last night I bought a rainbow bracelet and belt to accompany the purple shirt. I need to spread the message at work among the LBGT group there. I know several at work that are gay.

Are you wearing purple on the 20th?

Last night I bought a rainbow bracelet and belt to accompany the purple shirt. I need to spread the message at work among the LBGT group there. I know several at work that are gay.

Nothing but good can come from promoting awareness. There will always be a few that are close minded and won't receive the message, but if one individual becomes more tolerant and understanding, the effort is worth it.

Nothing but good can come from promoting awareness. There will always be a few that are close minded and won't receive the message, but if one individual becomes more tolerant and understanding, the effort is worth it.

I agree Jillio. I just hope someone at work asks me what the deal is with everyone wearing purple and I will get to explain and possibly educate someone on tolerance and acceptance within society.

What's funny is during the times of the Roman Empire it was not unusual to walk down a street in ancient Rome and see same sex couples getting it on and people just walking by as if it were nothing. If I am not mistaken several of the Roman Emperors also had same sex partners aside from their usual wives and concubines. It was seen as 100% consenting and an honor to be with the Emperor in that fashion.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYLs4NCgvNU&feature=FB[/ame]

Back