Islamic terrorists kill 12 in Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/09/europe/charlie-hebdo-paris-shooting/

This is an update from CNN . "• The hostage-taker at the eastern Paris grocery store demanded freedom for the Kouachi brothers -- the suspects in the massacre at the offices of Charlie Hebdo -- witnesses said, according to Pascal Disand of the Alliance Police Union." :(

Apparently, the man and woman at the supermarket standoff with hostages are from the same French Al-Quiada cell as the Hebdo attackers, who are at a factory standoff as well.

They believe either the man or woman shot the female police officer as well.

I hope they are able to save the hostages.

Why is this unbelievable? North Korea (theory only dang it) got Sony and told them not to release their satirical film. Sony bent to the demands initially and you know the rest of the story.

When I say unbelievable, it's more a statement of my own emotional state than the situation itself. I'm surprised there are two standoffs at the same time.

It's reported that the Kouachi brothers and the deli hostage-taker have been killed, and that the hostages are safe.

Now, not sure about all the hostages.

"Although the terrible saga has now ended, the Association of Paris Rabbis warned members of the Jewish community to remain home and stay off the streets this Shabbat (Sabbath) because the streets are not safe in this 'city still on edge'.”

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/bre...ostages-freed-all-terrorists-dead/2015/01/09/

I hope that there are no more attacks. This is terrible way to live. :(
Agreed, Reba. The Jews continue to live their lives in Israel - fighting or no fighting. What I've seen is they won't let any war stop them from living their lives.

I understand why the Rabbis would prefer to have people stay indoors and the Shabbat is a great lead in to this without looking afraid. It's also not giving into the extremists because they're not supposed to do much of anything on Saturday (depending on how religious - no driving, lights, cooking, etc. after sundown).

Gad, remember when we found our own homegrown terrorist - Timothy McVeigh. It doesn't just happen with extreme Muslims.

I have talked with guy who is NOT an American, Europe, not even middle east, and he got bunch of friends from all of the world. Anyway, we were discussing about 9-11 attack, and terrorist attack. He said it has nothing to do with political, nothing to do with gun control, nothing of whatever society thinks it was. He said it is all about ideology. This is basically about conflicts with multiple ideologies that leads to resentment, angry and so on that leads to act of terrorism.

Steinhauer, I understand what you mean, yeah very true.

I am also not attempting to get this thread hijacked - we are talking about an ideology. Not a political affiliation (although it is very political) but rather a 'way of thinking and a perception of the world".

yea French is famous for antiterrorism units.

One terrorist is still on the lose. I'm confident she will be captured. She may be killed, but I'm not sure that will be their approach.

I have talked with guy who is NOT an American, Europe, not even middle east, and he got bunch of friends from all of the world. Anyway, we were discussing about 9-11 attack, and terrorist attack. He said it has nothing to do with political, nothing to do with gun control, nothing of whatever society thinks it was. He said it is all about ideology. This is basically about conflicts with multiple ideologies that leads to resentment, angry and so on that leads to act of terrorism.

Steinhauer, I understand what you mean, yeah very true.

Competing ideologies do not lead to terrorism, oppressive ideologies lead to terrorism.

Would you wake me up when we know the true story and minor-changing data only? It flips me to constantly see updates and changes just to keep us tuned in so the media can make its advertising dollars.

I flip me when people go off topic . I am not going there.

He appeared to have two sidearms (look carefully)

2 sidearms? um...... I know what a french policeman is like cuz I've been to Paris for 3 weeks and they certainly do not carry 2 sidearms. have you never seen a regular patrolman carrying 2 sidearms?

:roll:

Well after the Eric Snowdon incident, more and more agencies are being told to back off of the type of surveillance that was successful in preventing such tragedies. Now that the worst has happened, and quite easily, people are again asking, "How do this happen, how can we prevent it." We can't, until we start acting like we want to tackle terrorism even if it means we lose a measure of privacy.
That's what I told Jiro, Foxrac and others who oppose NSA. They don't get it.
NSA's job is to help FBI and other countries to foil the terrorism plots. It helped Germany to catch the terrorists who planned the attacks in the past. That's a fact.

That's what I told Jiro, Foxrac and others who oppose NSA. They don't get it.
NSA's job is to help FBI and other countries to foil the terrorism plots. It helped Germany to catch the terrorists who planned the attacks in the past. That's a fact.

huh? you told me what specifically?

huh? you told me what specifically?
You complained that NSA violated our privacy in an old thread so I told you what I said in the recent post above. Don't tell you don't remember it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back