Is this good for deafes? Future menu ordering

I also hate self checkout. I find them to be slow when you have the option of an open cashier. I hate how buggy they still are.
Most of the self checkouts have visual instructions. Sadly, a lot of customers don't follow them.

Those self checkouts have scales in the scanning area and the bagging area. And customers don't always put the items in the bagging area. That messes up the process. *groans*

I saw self serve checkouts at Arby for very first time in Mexico City in early 90s. Yes, that was long time ago. Plus they have camera screens at drive thru. Arby had an cool tech decoration plus TVs were installed everywhere. I was in awe of that place..

Funny thing, I seem so many people on the LONG lines for 4-6 cashiers and no one use on the self checkout. My minds said wow must be too much idiot people there. I love self checkout due save my times, not deal with cashiers as slow, sick, talk too much, etc. Lowes, Walmart, Target, and I forget other. I am not big fan of junk fast food.
A number of reasons probably- people had bad experience with them before so avoid them, some don't like technology at all (old or young), some 'think' that it's just faster to go to the cashier line than the self serve (not really if you do everything right). And.. some do it out of habit- it's something they're used to doing.

Some of the self serves CAN be quite picky especially with the baggage and scales areas even if you do it right- I've had that happen to me more times than I can count. Have also done some dumb stuff and needed a cashier's help to reset it lol. Doesn't stop me from using it... as I don't like interacting/being social most of the time (I'm still nice but in general the introvert in me comes out).

A number of reasons probably- people had bad experience with them before so avoid them, some don't like technology at all (old or young), some 'think' that it's just faster to go to the cashier line than the self serve (not really if you do everything right). And.. some do it out of habit- it's something they're used to doing.

Some of the self serves CAN be quite picky especially with the baggage and scales areas even if you do it right- I've had that happen to me more times than I can count. Have also done some dumb stuff and needed a cashier's help to reset it lol. Doesn't stop me from using it... as I don't like interacting/being social most of the time (I'm still nice but in general the introvert in me comes out).

Yup, I'm one of the old folks and will not use self serve check out!

Yup, I'm one of the old folks and will not use self serve check out!

Same here ! I was at Home Depot and I used a self check out and did not like it. It was too much of a hassle to me getting the machine to read the scan barcode on odd shape items. I am old fashion in some ways and like to be checked out by a person and not a machine.

Back