is this an ADA violation by store?

FookEmo

Reaction score
I was trying to return a bag of snack that soon expires that I brought two days ago expecting it to last me few months to snack on. When I walked in the store. The posted Open hours was 6am to midnight. there was no signs when customer service desk was open and I was there at 1130PM

When I asked the employee he said it was closed. When I asked where was the posted hours he got crabby and walked away ingoring me. The cashier stations were still Open? I don't know if I was lied to and discriminated against. There was no posted hours limiting the customer service desk hours by the food store?

No it was just poor customer service. Call the manager or go into the store and tell the manager what happened. I'm guessing that they will make it right and have a talk with the employee who treated you poorly. Just remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease, in other words complain.

Well, no, sometimes there is hours for specific department and often store don't advertise such hours.

Its pretty much POOR customer service for most part of it. If I were customer myself like you, I'd stop doing business with them and yes I have done that many times and some businesses that I quit doing with them have gone out of business which is NOT my friggin problem after all

Oftentimes the cashier stations will be open, but not other departments, like customer service. That particular store might've just not been good about posting customer service hours (they usually do close earlier than regular store hours.) I find it a little difficult that you were lied to and discriminated against over a bag of snacks, so I think it was most likely that the customer service was just closed to everyone. Unlike DHB, I'm not going to stop going to a store over this. How much was this bag of snacks? A few bucks at most?

Back