is there ever a deaf superhero?

Originally posted by SilenceGold
Well, a bit off the subject...

I've done some western novel writings. I've never completed it. I've wrote of a deaf cowboy back in the 1840s to 1860s. I was planning to write it as just another one of those western books. Somewhat it was a deaf hero for me to write on. Just thought you'll like to know.

Off this subject: Your Daddy is John Wayne ?

What make you fascination in cowboy? SG

Nope, My dad is Michael.

It's just how I was raised. I was raised on a ranch. You can figure the rest of the history out. :p

Hey,

It'd be excellent if there was a deaf superhero movie made. After all there's DareDevil who happens to be blind. I think a deaf superhero would appeal to lots of people, including hearing people, just to show how cool deaf people can be!!! :)

Ziusudra

but a superhero has powers and ALL five senses, so it wouldnt make sense that a superhero be deaf.

Originally posted by BabyPhat21
but a superhero has powers and ALL five senses, so it wouldnt make sense that a superhero be deaf.

you can be a super slut.

I'm a superhero

I'm a superhero. I'm not deaf, but my equally super side-kick is ! I can't disclose our names, because our identities are secret, although I will tell you we protect the great country of Australia.

Originally posted by BabyPhat21
Not every super hero can be "perfect" you know...

hulk could be deaf because of his lousy english grammar...

There is a Marvel superhero named Echo, sometimes called Ronin real name Maya Lopez. She is an Olympic-level athlete possessing "photographic reflexes" or the uncanny ability to perfectly copy other people's movements, similar to that of the Taskmaster. Just by watching other people, she has become a concert-level pianist, a strong martial artist, a highly skilled acrobat, and a gifted ballerina (and on one occasion even piloted a Quinjet for a few minutes). In addition, she has also gained Bullseye's uncanny aim and Daredevil's acrobatic abilities after watching tapes of their fights.

"Although with great potential, deafness gives Maya Lopez great drawbacks. Her absolute reliance on visual cues renders her helpless in the dark, and her ability to communicate by reading lips prevents her from taking oral commands and communicating with people who are wearing masks or are not in direct visual contact; when she initially meets the Avengers, Captain America has to repeat all of Iron Man's questions for her. However, she has been incorrectly depicted as being able to hear and respond to voices despite not seeing the person's mouth due to standing away from them or the person talking right behind her."

She was recently in the New Avengers comic book series... and she all around kicks ass.

I do know some deaf history.....

In 1976, I was actor in TV Commerical for 1 min. It was call "Kid to Kid". My idea was original story about stamp history. We played as 1770's (before Independence Day).

Other my friend was special guest to play role as deaf soccer on "James at 15"

I stayed someone's place at LA, Calif. His roommate has EMMY Award. I guess that he is first deaf person got EMMY award. He worked for Dinsey.

Yes, they have few deaf played in Prof sport like NFL, NBA and ML Baseball.

Lou Ferrigno is still actor. He played as Hulk on TV program. Last summer, I surprised to see Lou in movie "Hulk". Lou played as campus security at college. My son heard his voice is not normal. I told him that he is deaf.

DareDevil

Yes, deaf lady was stunt for hollywood film industrial. Also, she was high speed on land. Her name is Kitty O'Neil. Few times, I met her.

I'm sure there are a couple or few in SexToons!

He was my classmate at NTID/RIT. He transfered to Gally.
His name is Robert Johnson. He was excellent runner. Most time, we played Arcade. Many times, I saw his name on top list. His nick name was "RUN"

yes there is a deaf superhero called "Deafula" mix along with dracula more than 15 years ago in a movie for deaf....

30 years ago.... I knew some actors. Most people are/were from Vancouver WA. Some of them were staffs at Washington State School for the Deaf.

I remember..... I knew few deaf people were in Prof Rodeo. One person was retired from bull rider. He played as clown. Bull chased tease clowns.

hulk could be deaf because of his lousy english grammar...

No.... lousy voice as not normal tone voice.
Last summer, I told my son that I surprised to see Lou (ex-actor hulk) in movie. My son heard Lou's voice is not normal. I told him that he is deaf. He did not know... I explained him about old TV program.

I think Hawkeye became deaf...lemme look...yep

Hawkeye-- superhero who becomes deaf
Clint Barton, aka Hawkeye, joins Avengers. In Avengers #239, he explains how he has become deaf.

See also - Echo (Maya Lopez) Marvel Comics Wikipedia

I think Hawkeye became deaf...lemme look...yep

Hawkeye-- superhero who becomes deaf
Clint Barton, aka Hawkeye, joins Avengers. In Avengers #239, he explains how he has become deaf.

See also - Echo (Maya Lopez) Marvel Comics Wikipedia

He also lost his arm and had to use his teeth to operate his bow... What a sav. Btw he later became the new Ronin, Echo, who was the Ronin before him(and also deaf), became the new Hawkeye...But this all took place after Hawkeye started wearing Captin America's uniform for a little while after he died... WHAT A TWIST!

Back