is there ever a deaf superhero?

Isn't Hulk (in the old-time TV show) deaf? If so, then he's a deaf superhero. Not that normal man... that green hulk man.

Originally posted by ChelEler
Isn't Hulk (in the old-time TV show) deaf? If so, then he's a deaf superhero. Not that normal man... that green hulk man.

He is deaf-oral, just only an actor.

Originally posted by Steel
Well DareDevil is blind so there should be a hero who is deaf too so i thought alot about the new deaf hero...he can talk but don't talk much, especially when in battle against enemies, but could do some stunts or some kick-ass karate fights and shit like that...so i thought that my character would have a special kind of sense like Spider-Man has a spider-sense to avoid danger, so I think mine would have a special kind of sense that would detect metal because most weapons are made of metal right? (guns, bullets, knives, etc) so I'm not going to tell you the rest because it's secret. ;) He proably would have a selection of costumes too. I personally think my characer would beat the crap out of DareDevil. ;) lol

Yah, that will be good character.....

Originally posted by MizzDeaf
Yah, that will be good character.....
You sure? I just don't want it to sound so corny or whatever...

Okay i suppose i could tell you the life of my character but I won't tell you how he became the superhero ;)

His name would be Dayton Hulbert Claris and he is about in the early 30s...he lives in NYC. has attened NITC, and decided to be an computer engineer programmer. He was born deaf after an car accident on the way to the hospital to be delivered. He was born in Pennsvanlia and then moved to NY in his teen years because his mother was searching for a better job. Then something happens...and by the time he becames the new super hero of NY, he was supposed to save the city by an evil force that came from nowhere.

I thought i could make the triogly lol

in the sequel, he couldn't just save the city. he has to save the WORLD. so that would be his biggest job yet.

in the third, he has to avoid the russians who are seeking for the man that has striked an attack in Russia, and more of the evil force trying to kill him, and even the "big boss" of the evil force...

I'm hoping to make it one of the most truly coolest adventures for the first deaf hero of NY yet! :thumb: lol

interesting topic to see that up in general discussion I haven't seen any of comics that are considered for deafies to look up to a deaf superhero so I guess I should try to find but nah good luck steel and let us know what u find k? thanks :thumb:

Steel, how much of your comic book is completed? Or you haven't actually started?

I'm just doing sketches on the costumes, the characters, and the places where it will be setteled and all that...believe me. it's much more work than just telling a story.

Originally posted by Justin Sane
maybe with exception of cowboy, they dont depend on their ear.

Yes they do..

Few examples..

You're walking down the middle of a desert..a different man aims at you and shoots at you....you don't hear it...so you're still a sitting duck if you didn't get hit by the first bullet.

Other example..

You're sleeping in the middle of night..and a teenager indian sneaks up to your camp but trips over one of the cooking equipment. You're deaf and the injun puts a knife around your throat..

Originally posted by SilenceGold
Yes they do..

Few examples..

You're walking down the middle of a desert..a different man aims at you and shoots at you....you don't hear it...so you're still a sitting duck if you didn't get hit by the first bullet.

Other example..

You're sleeping in the middle of night..and a teenager indian sneaks up to your camp but trips over one of the cooking equipment. You're deaf and the injun puts a knife around your throat..

ThenI guess that my first comment still stands. What do you mean by "Not mine"?

I'll rephrase...

My deaf character wouldn't make out as a bad hero if I ever completed my book.

When you said bad..did you mean as an awful or just a villian type of character?

Originally posted by SilenceGold
I'll rephrase...

My deaf character wouldn't make out as a bad hero if I ever completed my book.

When you said bad..did you mean as an awful or just a villian type of character?

sorry that I wasnt that clear, I dont think they would make a great super-hero.

maybe plain hero not some hero with super natural power.

Well superheores aren't perfect so my character can't hear anything so that's what should make the story exciting and thrilling...to see how he could survive without the ablity to hear.

Plain and super heroes who are deaf are still exciting and supensous action packed thriller stories...you won't know it's good until you read one ;)

Back