Is that okay to dating your co-worker?

illustrator

Reaction score
I tried once, but it never work out between us. :|

Nah...I worked as a resturant manager...so I always told those waitresses during their interviews that I was gay..

I did that just so they won't try to use their woman tactics to make me feel pitful to help them out doing their job. :p

ive dated a co-worker YEARS ago (1989 to 91) and even tho we split up after almost 3 years together we are still on good terms and friendly with eachother :D

guess back then it was a bit more accepted than it is now qq :dunno: if thats the case

Originally posted by SilenceGold
Nah...I worked as a resturant manager...so I always told those waitresses during their interviews that I was gay..

:rofl: and i wonder what their reactions are NOW when they find out u are straight and have married up :laugh2:

it sucks. I have done it many time and I never seem to learn that it is not a good idea

Originally posted by Fly Free
:rofl: and i wonder what their reactions are NOW when they find out u are straight and have married up :laugh2:

I haven't seen any of them since I started to date Lisa.

Yes, I have wondered about that...probably would end up hurting their feelings. :p

I like to have a lot of fun with ladies at work, and sometimes people at work think that I am going out with a female coworker. :laugh2:

been there done a coworker even to the point of moving in with her but it was fucked up way beyond belief

no more coworkers for me again!

I dated my boss years ago at my first radio station and it sucked. We didn't tell anyone, but his paranoia totally annoyed me. He did this thing where he was sure people would think he was playing favorites so he was a total bitch to me at work. I was never allowed to talk to him at work because he'd freak out. One time the 2 of us and our 2 friends from work (the only people who knew we were together) all went out to a fair and he wouldn't even walk next to me. It was so stupid! I used to hang out with all the other guys I worked with all the time! We both ended up getting hired at a different station in Wisconsin and that wasn't so bad. But then, I was doing mornings and he did afternoons so we didn't see eachother very much.

I wouldn't really reccommend it, at least not if the person you're interested in is a dork like my ex.

Accord to USAToday Research

45% - Yes
50% - No
5% - Don't know

Well, look like, they are afraid to date each other at the workplace. Sure, it may be freak out or nervous in public at work. Like what Sydlie dated her ex-boss. Pretty scary but it must be excite, eh? :naughty:

Dated? Well....I didn't actually date a co-worker...I actually had an extra marital affair with a married co worker for a year! I felt so guilty after meeting his wife and his 3 kids one day when they stopped by work. After that, I stopped the affair.
Another co-worker, married, too...hit on me and kissed me...but I backed away because I was good friends with his wife (also a co worker).

:o

Oh, I just remembered one other person -- I did date with a co-worker for about 7 months, but it didn't really work out well because after going out for 7 months, I found out he had been seeing another woman behind my back and not intending to tell me that he wanted to break up. The nerve of him! :madfawk:

my ex and i was hired at the same workplace. actually , it was a toy store in the mall. anyway, we had a lot of fun working together and all..it was all about teamwork and having fun since there werent anyone besides 4 others co-workers in the entire mall since it was overnight hours..it depends where you work and how well you know your partner to consider working together and dating at the same time.

I will have to agree with BP21 as it can get quite sticky if dating a co worker -- it certainly was for me when I did!
I think it's best not to date within the company you're working for.

No, it's not okay to date your coworker in a public eye. Privately, yes. :dunno: I don't know because I haven't dated any of my coworkers before.

no I wouldn't want to combine business and pleasure- thats why companies do impose a policy not to date your co-workers/employees it keeps the workplace healthy for everyones sake :smash:

I Have dated my ex bf during work.. thats how i met him.. and We had problems with some females and males at our job would try anything to break us up.. we have fought alot.. me and my ex bf.. so then i told him it was not gota work anymore so then I decide to quit.. and that way we will still be dating and he also quit too and worked for another place so it was a freash start for both of us.. dating a co worker wouldnt work out ... there will alwasy be fight or someone being jealous of ur realtionship with that person.. better off different jobs..

I dated my boss at Burger King when I was a teenager...then he end up flirting with someone else behind my back....so I told the owner on him because I felt betrayed and hurt by my boss....and I end up gotten fired and he end up getting transfer to another Burger King ever since then I sword myself I could never fall in love with a boss or a manager knowing I would get myself fired even if things didnt work out....

Then I met someone at work but ending up quitting because we couldn't get along in the workplace so I quit and found another job....

So, I would say never fall in love with someone you work with because it never works out....

Back