Is Netgear XE102 an issue, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbaro

Reaction score
I am told by a Sorenson Communication tech/installer that two wall plugged bridges will never work with VP-200. Unfortunately, His knowledge on wall plugged bridge/network is very limited. He even told me directly "I've never seen them before." and "I don't trust them". Hmm, ok.... However, I've had been using two wall plugged bridges (Netgear XE102) with VP-100 for several years and never had a single problem with it. Last April, I finally received VP-200 and Sorenson VRS router. They both ran great with two Netgear XE102s until I moved to an out of state last month. I set up everything the way it was before except modem and ethernet switch. I don't need ethernet switch, because I plan to buy Wifi for my laptop. My husband and I are using a different DSL modem, Siemens 4100, because my old modem (Sorenson's Actiontec) is a bit slower and old fart. The speed test is fine. Average 437 kbps.

Anyway, Everything was set up on first day. Everything seemed to run great until a few hours later, VP was down. So was internet. I had to unplug Sorenson VRS router, DSL modem, both Netgear XE102s, and VP to give it boost. Internet was up, but VP was still down. A tech came by and replaced Sorenson VRS router, because he noticed the lights on the router did not blink at all. He also took down Netgear XE102s and used a long Ethernet cable instead. Yuck. VP is up.

Next day, it suddenly lead to issues such as "No Address found", and "Network timeout". It seems Internet keeps collapsing a few times a day, but VP remains fine. Every time, I have to unplug Sorenson VRS router and turn off modem for a few seconds before internet is back on-line. I did not even have to turn off VP at all. Did anyone else have a similar situation like this?

Thanks!

I am told by a Sorenson Communication tech/installer that two wall plugged bridges will never work with VP-200. Unfortunately, His knowledge on wall plugged bridge/network is very limited. He even told me directly "I've never seen them before." and "I don't trust them". Hmm, ok.... However, I've had been using two wall plugged bridges (Netgear XE102) with VP-100 for several years and never had a single problem with it. Last April, I finally received VP-200 and Sorenson VRS router. They both ran great with two Netgear XE102s until I moved to an out of state last month. I set up everything the way it was before except modem and ethernet switch. I don't need ethernet switch, because I plan to buy Wifi for my laptop. My husband and I are using a different DSL modem, Siemens 4100, because my old modem (Sorenson's Actiontec) is a bit slower and old fart. The speed test is fine. Average 437 kbps.

Anyway, Everything was set up on first day. Everything seemed to run great until a few hours later, VP was down. So was internet. I had to unplug Sorenson VRS router, DSL modem, both Netgear XE102s, and VP to give it boost. Internet was up, but VP was still down. A tech came by and replaced Sorenson VRS router, because he noticed the lights on the router did not blink at all. He also took down Netgear XE102s and used a long Ethernet cable instead. Yuck. VP is up.

Next day, it suddenly lead to issues such as "No Address found", and "Network timeout". It seems Internet keeps collapsing a few times a day, but VP remains fine. Every time, I have to unplug Sorenson VRS router and turn off modem for a few seconds before internet is back on-line. I did not even have to turn off VP at all. Did anyone else have a similar situation like this?

Thanks!

Two IP address are same at each device cause collapse. Tech did poor job. You need change DHCP range to 0-10 thru router. To avoid from collapse. Most VP use 192.168.x.125.

Two IP address are same at each device cause collapse. Tech did poor job. You need change DHCP range to 0-10 thru router. To avoid from collapse. Most VP use 192.168.x.125.

My VP-200 uses 192.168.X.125. Are you suggesting that I should be changing Sorenson VRS router SR-200 online?

Under DHCP server

It says starting IP address: 192.168.X.100

Ending IP address:192.168.X.199

is that what you are referring to? I swear there is something wrong with a router!

My VP-200 uses 192.168.X.125. Are you suggesting that I should be changing Sorenson VRS router SR-200 online?

Under DHCP server

It says starting IP address: 192.168.X.100

Ending IP address:192.168.X.199

is that what you are referring to? I swear there is something wrong with a router!

DHCP range to 2-10 mean (ignore 0-10- I FORGET about 192.168.x1 is web config)

start IP 192.168.x.2
end IP 192.168.x.10

Keep static IP address out from DHCP to avoid from collapse.

If you use computer DHCP and use 192.168.1.125 and VP's static IP is 192.168.1.125 then collapse.

How many computer you own in the build?

DHCP range to 2-10 mean (ignore 0-10- I FORGET about 192.168.x1 is web config)

start IP 192.168.x.2
end IP 192.168.x.10

Keep static IP address out from DHCP to avoid from collapse.

If you use computer DHCP and use 192.168.1.125 and VP's static IP is 192.168.1.125 then collapse.

How many computer you own in the build?

I used to have two computers before I moved out. Now, we use a new computer. We don't need two computers due to new laptop. The computer and TV are not in the same room. that's one of the reasons I had Netgear XE102s before tech took them down. I hate *long* ethernet cable.

Static DHCP has already been disabled for a long time.

DHCP Server is enabled, of course.

I used to have two computers before I moved out. Now, we use a new computer. We don't need two computers due to new laptop. The computer and TV are not in the same room. that's one of the reasons I had Netgear XE102s before tech took them down. I hate *long* ethernet cable.

Static DHCP has already been disabled for a long time.

DHCP Server is enabled, of course.

DHCP server is enabled and still use static IP from device like VP.

Do you solve the problem?

DHCP server is enabled and still use static IP from device like VP.

Do you solve the problem?

Ok, I did click "apply' after I changed them:

DHCP server
Starting IP 192.168.X.2
Ending IP 192.168.X.10

VP and Internet seem to run fine with Ethernet Cable.

I decided to try Netgear XE102s again to see if it runs. Unfortunately, VP did not work except Internet. VP says "Network Connection Error." So, I went back to the Ethernet Cable and VP is back on-line right away. What's up with that?

Does that mean I have to live with that ugly long Ethernet cable for a while? lol..

Ok, I did click "apply' after I changed them:

DHCP server
Starting IP 192.168.X.2
Ending IP 192.168.X.10

VP and Internet seem to run fine with Ethernet Cable.

I decided to try Netgear XE102s again to see if it runs. Unfortunately, VP did not work except Internet. VP says "Network Connection Error." So, I went back to the Ethernet Cable and VP is back on-line right away. What's up with that?

Does that mean I have to live with that ugly long Ethernet cable for a while? lol..

Good thing you solved the problem as both are work good.

Netgear XE102 is very limits and depend how work on your power line around the house.

There is other way without ugly long cable.

Illustrator: Blog-alloon » Turn your Sorenson VP into wireless

Good thing you solved the problem as both are work good.

Netgear XE102 is very limits and depend how work on your power line around the house.

There is other way without ugly long cable.

Illustrator: Blog-alloon » Turn your Sorenson VP into wireless

Internet and VP run great. Thanks a lot. I'm curious- what's the difference between old ones: 192.168.X.100 and 192.168.X.199, and present ones: 192.168.X.2 and 192.168.X.10?

Thank for the link. It is interesting a gaming adapter does work.

Internet and VP run great. Thanks a lot. I'm curious- what's the difference between old ones: 192.168.X.100 and 192.168.X.199, and present ones: 192.168.X.2 and 192.168.X.10?

Thank for the link. It is interesting a gaming adapter does work.

Just number of computers. Factory setting for up to 99 computers for DHCP. Really pointless for home. So changed to 2-10 which up to 8 devices for DHCP.

Static IP from VP should not be in DHCP range or cause issue. Static IP stay out from DHCP range.

I apologize for being late. The past weeks had been hectic.

I still haven't touched Static IP. :) We are actually considering buying a wireless router. I loathe Ethernet Cable. Thanks for the DHCP lesson and your help.

Moderator- Please lock my thread. Muchas gracias.

I apologize for being late. The past weeks had been hectic.

I still haven't touched Static IP. :) We are actually considering buying a wireless router. I loathe Ethernet Cable. Thanks for the DHCP lesson and your help.

Moderator- Please lock my thread. Muchas gracias.

Mod's Note:

Thread's locked to creator's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back