is it illegal for a group home to steal and sell/donate a deaf person's adaptive equipment WITHOUT their permission?

MarieK1983

Reaction score
im in a group home and they donated my videophone WITHOUT my permission....they told me I said it was okay when it was not okay. I think I ought to sue my group home dontcha think??

What!? That is TOTALLY not ok!
I think- that if you had no need for it, or didn't want it anymore and wont miss it, let it go ig.
BUT if you needed it/wanted it. You should totally take some action, whatever it is- to get a new one.

What!? That is TOTALLY not ok!
I think- that if you had no need for it, or didn't want it anymore and wont miss it, let it go ig.
BUT if you needed it/wanted it. You should totally take some action, whatever it is- to get a new one.
i am in the process of getting a new one..just have to schedule it.

It sounds like miscommunication to me. Suing them is complicated. Without a police report, your case is questionable. Sorry, it just happens. What matters the most is you're getting a new videophone.

im in a group home and they donated my videophone WITHOUT my permission....they told me I said it was okay when it was not okay. I think I ought to sue my group home dontcha think??

Maybe report it to higher ups? They could have just ignored you and did what they wanted anyway. Now they are pretending you said it was okay. If you want to report it, but meh, I just have little faith in the system....

Back