Is getting food thrown at you legal?

Meals on Wheels?...LOL...if you have the ability to go out to eat, then you can cook at home. Besides, there is a long waiting list for that, (at least in my County there is)…..Perhaps the lady did not "mean to" throw the food?...Maybe you over-reacted?...Complain too much?...So..."maybe this and maybe that"...All in all, why make a mountain out of a mole hill?...either let it go and enjoy the rest of ur day or leave and cook at home or find another place to eat.

then I'll need to step up and get my rights back. I don't know who to call for my next step. small town, big county. many towns in that county. the center is run by the county. Who can I call in case they don't work it out? city Mayer or state governor?

Maybe it was miscommunication somewhere... talk to the manager and see if he/she will do effort to resolve this situation. I've had few cases of misunderstandings and usually the manager makes things right for me. If the manager doesn't resolve my concern, then I'm not going back again. It's the manager's job to take care of customer service.

Last edited:
Presbyter, you're overthinking right now. Just go to manager and explain your experience. From there, manager will talk with a server privately. You can also tell a manager of your hearing loss. It always work out for me afterwards. You can go back to the center and wait and see what happened.

The Finlander used the term. POS means Piece Of $h!t.

Presbyter, you're overthinking right now. Just go to manager and explain your experience. From there, manager will talk with a server privately. You can also tell a manager of your hearing loss. It always work out for me afterwards. You can go back to the center and wait and see what happened.

The Finlander used the term. POS means Piece Of $h!t.
I'm surprised how quickly the head of all bosses of all centers will step in and take care of it when she comes back from vacation. the manager will look like a POS when the big boss calls her. the manager might give me her parking spot . we'll see. The food server may have mental illness and make the place unsafe. the server is a liability to the company. if that don't work out, we'll see what the governor can do

Maybe it was miscommunication somewhere... talk to the manager and see if he/she will do effort to resolve this situation. I've had few cases of misunderstandings and usually the manager makes things right for me. If the manager doesn't resolve my concern, then I'm not going back again. It's the manager's job to take care of customer service.
My rights still stands. It's called ADA. one solution is to have them to deliver the food to my home since I paid for it via taxes. they win if you don't come back. it's more like the server shouldn't come back. who here stands up for themselves?

Meals on Wheels?...LOL...if you have the ability to go out to eat, then you can cook at home. Besides, there is a long waiting list for that, (at least in my County there is)…..Perhaps the lady did not "mean to" throw the food?...Maybe you over-reacted?...Complain too much?...So..."maybe this and maybe that"...All in all, why make a mountain out of a mole hill?...either let it go and enjoy the rest of ur day or leave and cook at home or find another place to eat.
the server has been harassing and singling out my wife and I for months. The manager lacks strength to do her job. she is useless. technically the food was thrown at me. does it matter when, why, who and what? simple fact doesn't look good. if it doesn't look good then they should make it look good. wouldn't you want to make it look good if the president of your company cuts his golfing tour short to call you to tell you you're embarrassing him.

You told us earlier in this thread you were worried about consequences... now this? Some of us here gave you good advices so good luck and hope it works out for you.

You told us earlier in this thread you were worried about consequences... now this? Some of us here gave you good advices so good luck and hope it works out for you.
The ADA don't always work for some but it's there for a reason for it.
Will you support it?
I might try to support some of it and yes, everyone should be aware of consequences. Jail is one of them.
Will you support ADA a little more than you are now? I don't blame you not wanting to but there victims that need it. It's their rights, maybe not yours. I'm scared myself and might take your advice to shut up.

Does anyone else here want me to shut up and crawl in a hole?

Why not just make a Police report for simple assault and Harassment?...if reporting it to the Manager does not suffix?...Contacting the ADA or the Governor?...Nah!...Only your feelings were hurt?...No bodily injury?...Feel sure the Police Officer would get all this squared away.

The ADA don't always work for some but it's there for a reason for it.
Will you support it?
I might try to support some of it and yes, everyone should be aware of consequences. Jail is one of them.
Will you support ADA a little more than you are now? I don't blame you not wanting to but there victims that need it. It's their rights, maybe not yours. I'm scared myself and might take your advice to shut up.

Does anyone else here want me to shut up and crawl in a hole?

Talking to the manager is first step to make things right for the customer. Like I said it's the manager's job to take care of customer service. When manager hears a complaint, he/she will follow up with the employee and either move this employee to another place or given a discipline up to termination.

If the server is throwing food at you intentionally, then it is an assault and battery. I don't see any mention that you or anyone got injured in the incident. You can sue them but you may want to be careful.. the witnesses could have different story in the incident you can get sued as you may have done something.

Talking to the manager is first step to make things right for the customer. Like I said it's the manager's job to take care of customer service. When manager hears a complaint, he/she will follow up with the employee and either move this employee to another place or given a discipline up to termination.

If the server is throwing food at you intentionally, then it is an assault and battery. I don't see any mention that you or anyone got injured in the incident. You can sue them but you may want to be careful.. the witnesses could have different story in the incident you can get sued as you may have done something.
I got great support from all of you. The suggestions were awesome. Some made me think it isn't assault. the server knows better than that. no intent to hit me or touch me. It's more like you forgot your baggy and you didn't hear me so I made it easier for you by tossing it near you. She wasn't aware it was going to land on a metal rank producing 80 decibels of a bang. my hearing aid is set to produce maybe 120+ decibels. So thats 200 decibels of a bang. My shock made me think I ought to speak up. I never speak like that in public. imagine how a deaf voice would sound. the server has been harassing my wife like she is the boss over her and me. All that combined shot my blood pressure to 190/110. The medical experts claims that blood pressure does damage the body in many ways. thats bodily harm and body injury to me. it's is harm. it is a different kind of assault. The point is the disabled doesn't need any more stress than they already are. the thing about this server is powerplay. possibly a race issue. the server wants to be the boss over the customers and/or my wife and I. I'm thankful that one member in this topic used the word disorderly conduct. I guess assault got downgraded to disorderly conduct. I may not sound like a powerful word but technically the blood pressure monitor tells the truth of stress. this stress brought on by the server is an invasion of my ______(help me find that word), it's too wrong and needs to stop.
Thank you for all the comments and suggestions. Since the server ignored my request not to thrown food at me like no one threw it. the baggy didn't fall from the sky. So I have to do something else to get my point across the server. I could be sued back for making a false assault claim that involves the police. having the police following their blue book, they might handcuff her at the center and book her. So, I can't use those assault and battery terms. I just need to tell them to back off before I have a stroke. Least my doctor made note of my blood pressure that day over the phone. that was documented. Making me sick is a good reason to request them to tame their conduct.

What hurts me the most is that the manager never called me to check on me nor apologized. Probably she knows things are not right like she can't say anything.

Back