iPhone Connections

There's been promotions over the years for Dropbox to raise your storage space for free. I've managed to get mine up to 26GB when I initially started with 2GB. The same is true for the other cloud services, got 50GB free for Google Drive when I got my HTC One M8 last month. SkyDrive started with 5GB but I've gotten it up to 50GB with a promotion that I can't remember where.

So while it's not unlimited, it's definitely a lot of space. The only reason to need more is if you want to do offsite backups or have a ton of RAW photos or DVD rips. Although if you want offsite backups, Crashplan would be a better bet because they do offer unlimited storage with their payment plans.

I am not really up on the things being suggested but my point is that I understand the OP wants something to use for work. That would mean something secure if my memory is correct that she is an accountant.

I am not really up on the things being suggested but my point is that I understand the OP wants something to use for work. That would mean something secure if my memory is correct that she is an accountant.

Right, we are not suppose to transmit info through third party servers or the open web, only a direct connection. Hell it's the weekend, going to consilt our tech dept Mon! ;)

I use Air Sharing which it can allow you to save any files and open from your computer via Wi-fi. I brought it for $5. Now, it's overwhelm popular, it rise to $9. It make much easy for me to watch video as movies/TV which iPhone's video players have limited to allow upload from computer to iPhone.

Same here. Air sharing is much better than Dropbox due speed, direct to PC or MAC without internet needs. It's almost same idea like USB to computer.

Right, we are not suppose to transmit info through third party servers or the open web, only a direct connection. Hell it's the weekend, going to consilt our tech dept Mon! ;)

Ah, I see. In that case, wouldn't a secure USB drive be better? Most of them these days have encryption software to encrypt and protect the data on it, and also password-protection. It's portable and easy to use, just plug in, transfer files, pop out, and plug it in at home when you want to use the data.

Governments, militaries, enterprises, and financial institutions tend to favor the IronKey, although they are a bit expensive:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/IronKey-Basic-D250-Secure-D2-D250-B08-3FIPS/dp/B0092TY6DW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1408800862&sr=8-4&keywords=ironkey]Amazon.com: IronKey Basic D250 8GB Secure (D2-D250-B08-3FIPS): Computers & Accessories[/ame]

If you want one on a lower budget, this one would work well and the performance is top-notch:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Contour-Flash-SDCZ8-8192-A75/dp/B000N81C6U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1408800921&sr=8-2&keywords=sandisk+extreme+contour]Amazon.com: SanDisk Cruzer Contour 8 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive SDCZ8-8192-A75: Electronics[/ame]

If you absolutely have to use your phone for storage, you could check out GoodReader. Originally designed for handling PDF files, it can also handle any other format, especially documents. It offers the ability to password-protect folders and files, but GoodReader's not so easy to use if you're not familiar with transferring files to your iPhone. It has the ability to upload via WiFi but only one file at a time. If you want to upload multiple files and folders, you have to plug it in and use iTunes to transfer the files.

You can find out more about GoodReader here: goodreader.com :: products :: GoodReader

I get the impression that the files start on on iPhone when working in a clients office and then need to be transferred to a computer.

It is now Wednesday the 27th. Did you tech dept. have a solution?

The way to transfer files is itunes. That's only if you don't want to use any cloud services (icloud, dropbox, etc...) It's pretty simple. Why not just use itunes?

The way to transfer files is itunes. That's only if you don't want to use any cloud services (icloud, dropbox, etc...) It's pretty simple. Why not just use itunes?

It's not what she have in mind. iTunes doesn't allow have that kind files to be storage. It need third-party app that allow to save MS files, etc.

Thank you for your suggestions everyone. I settled onto an editor called pdf expert. It allows easy transfer without the use of additional 3rd party apps. :razz:

Back