International TTY & relay calling.

Panamamo76

Reaction score
I want to know WHY FCC will NOT permit International Relay calling!!! I am US DEAF citizen, living in Panama and need to make an urgent call to Social Security Administration ASAP on my monthly benefits issue that is critical to my lifestyle living in Panama....

I am not familiar with the possibilities of using my computer as a TTY and cannot afford a TTY machine, so can anyone provide advice.

Or can anyone give me tips on any means of making international calls via relay.

Yes, I am aware of VRS, but doesn't that mean reading interpreters' signage??? I am not trained in sign language..

I have TTY on my Blackberry, but have not used it... Unfamiliar with steps to make it work.

I've used IP-relay services while I lived in the US and was chagrined to discover that it won't work overseas and that's unfair to the deaf community.

Thanks all...:wave:

One possibility is to get a VPN service, to make your computer look like a U.S. connection (U.S. IP address). These VPN services usually cost a few dollars a month and would solve your problem.

1. FCC doesn't support outside country, only in USA.
2. it's Panama that might control the Internet and block on certain thing. US would also block any countries.
3. Blame to scammer that been abuse on use relay service that led relay service increase security.

US Citizen living in Panama and keep getting SSI/SSDI? If so, I pray SSI/SSDi found out and you are in deep trouble, and you better owe taxpayers just like me. :D

Back