Interested in your responses to Monsanto, Roundup, and Autism

I'd take it with a very tiny grain of salt because Dr. Stephanie Seneff's background is in computer science and none in biology.

I think there are good reasons to have worries about GMO but I always have to roll my eyes when someone tries to correlate the "rise" in autism to anything really. I have yet to see a study that proves there is a rise. There is for certain a rise in diagnosis but that could simply be explained by a better understanding of what autism is, better tools to find it and more awareness in the field and among parents.

When such an obvious flaw in data is overlooked it's hard to take the rest of the research very seriously.

I think there are good reasons to have worries about GMO but I always have to roll my eyes when someone tries to correlate the "rise" in autism to anything really. I have yet to see a study that proves there is a rise. There is for certain a rise in diagnosis but that could simply be explained by a better understanding of what autism is, better tools to find it and more awareness in the field and among parents.

When such an obvious flaw in data is overlooked it's hard to take the rest of the research very seriously.

yea I know right? it's vaccination... and now GMO

This is just one article by someone who may not have the credentials behind it. I'd normally ignore it but it was sent to me. But instead of ignoring it, I checked out some other sites (this morning).

I appreciate your responses.

Jiro, someone on the website (the link) made the comment you did. We tend not to know other researchers out there and their background. But one non-subject matter expert doesn't make a valid study.

jonnyghost: GMO is a problem. I agree if data is produced without a sufficient background, most will not believe it.

FriskyFeline: Autism continues and kids are being hurt by it, no doubt. The rates are higher.

Autism rates now 1 in 68 U.S. children: CDC - CNN.com

This was published in 2012.

One in 68 U.S. children has an autism spectrum disorder, a 30% increase from 1 in 88 two years ago, according to a new report from the CDC Thursday.

* * * This is last and what I didn't read until this morning but I thought about it being a real possibility last night.

Pests will become more and more resistant to foods laden with Roundup. I wonder if that applies to our bodies... We might never have a weed growing in us again.

FriskyFeline: Autism continues and kids are being hurt by it, no doubt. The rates are higher.

I think FriskyFeline's point and mine as well is how do you know that the autism rates where not 1 in 68 fifty years ago or one hundred? There was no diagnosis then. We have no idea how many people then could fall under this diagnosis.

Autism is a spectrum so there are people who are less affected that you might not suspect are autistic. They would not have been diagnosed in the early years. You cannot compair autism rates from one year to the next if the definitions are changing.

I am more concern about Roundup affect on the honey bees , something is killing them and all the weed killers and bugs sprays we use can't be good for the bees .

This is just one article by someone who may not have the credentials behind it. I'd normally ignore it but it was sent to me. But instead of ignoring it, I checked out some other sites (this morning).

I appreciate your responses.

Jiro, someone on the website (the link) made the comment you did. We tend not to know other researchers out there and their background. But one non-subject matter expert doesn't make a valid study.

jonnyghost: GMO is a problem. I agree if data is produced without a sufficient background, most will not believe it.

Autism rates now 1 in 68 U.S. children: CDC - CNN.com

This was published in 2012.

One in 68 U.S. children has an autism spectrum disorder, a 30% increase from 1 in 88 two years ago, according to a new report from the CDC Thursday.

* * * This is last and what I didn't read until this morning but I thought about it being a real possibility last night.

Pests will become more and more resistant to foods laden with Roundup. I wonder if that applies to our bodies... We might never have a weed growing in us again.

how so?

Back