Installed Paddlie Shifters

Evo Dragon

Reaction score
Anyone who drove with paddle shifters experience?

I upgraded and installed paddle shifters switches on my 2017 Mazda 6 Touring trim sedan.

Nice... I do have manual shift mode in my Mazda. I kind of like it better than steering wheel. I don't use manual shift mode often only when I need to stay in lower gear going on a long steep downhill.

I rented a Ford suv with the paddle shifter in the steering... at first I did not know what it is for til I accidentally changed gears. I'm more comfortable with the manual shift mode in the center shifter.

Aw, Calvin. That paddle shifter drive just like manual transmission. It's faster speed much better than automatic transmission for lazy driver. Lol

b1d00109ef9e8889a94

Last edited:
Nice... I do have manual shift mode in my Mazda. I kind of like it better than steering wheel. I don't use manual shift mode often only when I need to stay in lower gear going on a long steep downhill.

I rented a Ford suv with the paddle shifter in the steering... at first I did not know what it is for til I accidentally changed gears. I'm more comfortable with the manual shift mode in the center shifter.

Umm.. Do you have "Sport Mode" switch on your transmission? I have sport mode is faster speed but, not gas-saving as too loud engine.
2016-Mazd6-sport-mode-selector-button-location-from-owners-manual_o.jpg

Aw, Calvin. That paddle shifter drive just like manual transmission. It's faster speed much better than automatic transmission for lazy driver. Lol

Lol I commute on freeways for work, and I know it is faster speed than automatic. If I need to pass or need power, easy to downshift. :)

Umm.. Do you have "Sport Mode" switch on your transmission? I have sport mode is faster speed but, not gas-saving as too loud engine.

Yes I have Sport Mode. It help increase throttle response for the car and you'll lose a bit of mpg with that mode depending on how much you accelerate. :)

A streetracer kid installed paddle shifters on his own 2015 Mazda 3 hatchback. That's how I installed it myself at home.

maxresdefault.jpg

Back