Immigration story of one mom and her girl ....

Audiofuzzy

Reaction score
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Fi...f+daughter+join+Vancouver/11066437/story.html
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Deaf+daughter+caregiver+allowed+into+Canada/11163537/story.html

All's well that ends well but I am like wtf??? what about me, coming to Canada HoH and they knew about it, many other deaf and Deaf allowed into Canada and they knew about it, too?
Why was that particular girl denied while many other like her weren't?
She was otherwise healthy and did not need any special assistance.
But even if she required special aid at mainstream school - so what? It's her right!
Otherwise it is discriminating the disabled plus breaking the Human Rights!

Grrrrrrrr :evil:

Fuzzy

Apparently Canada considers deafness a medical condition that requires extra (and costly) government services, especially for school-age children.

I don't know Canada's laws relating to "Human Rights" for disabled persons. Human rights are not universal, and are defined differently by each nation.

Then why so many other deaf entered Canada without any difficulties?
No, me thinks somebody at the office got out of bed in foul mood and decided "that one stays home. I'll create an excuse why".
What proves that is the decision was overturned.

Fuzzy

here's Canada Human Rights Act:

PART I
Proscribed Discrimination

General
Marginal note: Prohibited grounds of discrimination
  • 3 (1) For all purposes of this Act, the prohibited grounds of discrimination are race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability and conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered.
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/h-6/page-1.html

Fuzzy

I should have started here:
Purpose of Act
Marginal note:Purpose
2 The purpose of this Act is to extend the laws in Canada to give effect, within the purview of matters coming within the legislative authority of Parliament, to the principle that all individuals should have an opportunity equal with other individuals to make for themselves the lives that they are able and wish to have and to have their needs accommodated, consistent with their duties and obligations as members of society, without being hindered in or prevented from doing so by discriminatory practices based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered.

And this is probably why the decision was overturned.

Fuzzy

Then why so many other deaf entered Canada without any difficulties?
I don't know. Were they all school age kids like this girl?

No, me thinks somebody at the office got out of bed in foul mood and decided "that one stays home. I'll create an excuse why".
What proves that is the decision was overturned.

Fuzzy
That would be bizarre.

That would be bizarre.

It would, yet people filled with self importance are all too common.
One always have power to tip things one way or the other, depends what one wants to do. As this case clearly shows.

Fuzzy

If you aren't happy with your immigration regulations then it's up to you and other Canadians to make changes. I'm not Canadian, so I have no say on your laws.

Actually, you have more than you think. In different way.
You can always protest as concerned human being Human Rights are being broken.
It doesn't matter which country citizen you are.
This person is being discriminated against because she is deaf.
The entire world is within its right to protest how Canadian Government is handling her situation.

That's why United Nations were created. But you don't even have to act on behalf of UN. just your own.
In fact, the more worldwide interest the better. of course, there is no guarantee but it doesn't hurt, either.

Fuzzy

Actually, you have more than you think. In different way.
You can always protest as concerned human being Human Rights are being broken.
It doesn't matter which country citizen you are.
This person is being discriminated against because she is deaf.
The entire world is within its right to protest how Canadian Government is handling her situation.

That's why United Nations were created. But you don't even have to act on behalf of UN. just your own.
In fact, the more worldwide interest the better. of course, there is no guarantee but it doesn't hurt, either.

Fuzzy
Sure, anyone can protest but unless the protestors have voting power within that country they can't change the laws. Outsiders opinions don't matter to the leaders of other countries.

Back