Immigration is PRO-GOD -- so why do Conservatives hate it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis S.

Reaction score
I was reading a really great article the other day.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06176/700765-109.stm

In Exodus, Moses states that "Do not mistreat an alien or oppress him, for you were aliens in Egypt."

For all you religious-types who exhibit xenophobic tendencies, where does the Bible/Koran/Torah/etc state that all outsiders are evil and must be kept out of your borders? Immigration benefits everyone. Trying to keep those of a different color, language, or religion out is purely against the ideals of God, and just shows that you're not a Godly people, but a hateful people giving in to your basic desires to screw someone else over and hide behind "patriotism" or "nationalism."

Have fun debating this as America celebrates its Independence Day and continues to welcome "your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, yearning to breathe free."

Part of the service the temple I've been going to lately uses includes that verse... Honestly, I wouldn't say that Jews are generally xenophobic unless they've completely missed the point.

Mistreating and oppressing immigrants is a very bad idea indeed. I'm for immigration as long as it's handled in a legal, orderly manner. It's lawbreaking I don't like, not immigrants as a whole.

Dennis, Conservatives do not hate immigration. Get that right in your head.

What Conservatives hate are law breaking immigrants that do not apply for a green card from the INS and obey each and every law of the United States of America.

Conservatives welcome law abiding immigrants.

Ironic that the jewish lobby in America are encouraging illegal immigration when Conservatives are saying no, we have way too many and we need to close the borders and make sure immigrants actually obey the laws of the U.S.A. so in effect the jewish lobby are trying to be slaveholders to Latin Americans exactly the same way as their Egyptian masters did and the Conservatives are trying to make things more safe and more appropriate for the Latinos.

Heath said:
Ironic that the jewish lobby in America are encouraging illegal immigration when Conservatives are saying no, we have way too many and we need to close the borders and make sure immigrants actually obey the laws of the U.S.A. so in effect the jewish lobby are trying to be slaveholders to Latin Americans exactly the same way as their Egyptian masters did and the Conservatives are trying to make things more safe and more appropriate for the Latinos.

Seriously, you're just getting funnier every time!

Dennis said:
I was reading a really great article the other day.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06176/700765-109.stm

In Exodus, Moses states that "Do not mistreat an alien or oppress him, for you were aliens in Egypt."

Have fun debating this as America celebrates its Independence Day and continues to welcome "your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, yearning to breathe free."

Actually I'll gladly welcome them if they've got the correct paperwork, after all they waited for their turn to come in, even God believes in laws.

Would you welcome legalized stranger into your own home ?

Our church is not against immigration. We are against illegal border crossing, just like we are against anyone breaking the laws of our country. We support people entering the USA in a safe, orderly, legal way.

Our church has an outreach ministry to immigrants. Some of our members were legal immigrants who became citizens.

As for that article, how is apprehending and processing law breakers "mistreatment"? For the most part, the people who illegally cross our southern border either get shipped back to their home countries, or ignored. How is that "mistreatment"? Many of the illegal aliens here entered our country on the sly because there was no way they could ever enter legally. Why? Because they already had criminal records for violent crimes or drug traffiking.

Why should illegal aliens get a break with IRS over back taxes and fines? Our own American citizens don't get those breaks.

The day that the American government provides free of charge all video recordings, live broadcasting, public announcements, etc., with captioning for Deaf/HoH AMERICANS, then maybe I'll consider the publication of all documents in foreign languages. The day that all Deaf AMERICANS are provided with qualified interpreters and CART services, for free, maybe I'll consider providing interpreters for every foreign language. The day that all Deaf AMERICAN children have an opportunity for quality instruction in the language of their choice, maybe I'll consider foreign language instruction for foreign students.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back