I'm Plans Have Weight Loss Surgery

unfortunately these days it tends to be expensive to try to eat right and healthy. I believe Farmer's Markets might be a better place to go if you are near one.

Tough too when you live alone and buy a lot of fresh produce- veggie and fruit- and you can't eat it all before it goes bad. Kind of hard to go shop every other day when you don't live within walking distance of a food store ;).

Everything in moderation. Even fast food. It's not bad to treat yourself once in a while :).

My hubby and I tried to grow our own food but so far we were only able to grow tomatoes and squash. Have a hard time with the strawberries and the other veggies. Dont know why.

Well...
I wouldn't really call microwave food homemade...lol

I believe that it depends on what you cook in the microwave not just that it is prepared in the microwave. I often do a veggies that come frozen in a bag by pouring out one serving for myself and cooking in the microwave.

The same for places known for "Fast Food" it is a matter of what you buy there. Most have salad choices, etc. as well as things like burgers and/or chicken.

I knew someone that had this surgery and she overate after and had to back to the ho
I wish I can grow a garden but I live with my parents and their dogs...urg...I just hate them and my mom hates gardens. If her 5 grandchildren can't play with it it can't be in her yard.
You can grow some veggies in pots I grown tomatoes plants in a big pot and got a lot of tomatoes .

I knew someone that had this surgery and she overate after and had to back to the ho

You can grow some veggies in pots I grown tomatoes plants in a big pot and got a lot of tomatoes .

It still may not be an option with her mom's requirements for the yard.

Having said that, around here (in Minnesota) you can rent garden spots. They are usually farmers' lands who rent out "blocks" that you can plant your own garden. Is that an option for you, DNM?

It still may not be an option with her mom's requirements for the yard.

Having said that, around here (in Minnesota) you can rent garden spots. They are usually farmers' lands who rent out "blocks" that you can plant your own garden. Is that an option for you, DNM?
Our church as a community garden.

unfortunately these days it tends to be expensive to try to eat right and healthy. I believe Farmer's Markets might be a better place to go if you are near one.

Tough too when you live alone and buy a lot of fresh produce- veggie and fruit- and you can't eat it all before it goes bad. Kind of hard to go shop every other day when you don't live within walking distance of a food store ;).

Everything in moderation. Even fast food. It's not bad to treat yourself once in a while :).

It depends on what your making..
If you put some thought to it
Eating healthy actually can be and is cheaper

As for it spoiling. Again that is entirely in your hands.
It's about prepping.

If you find yourself unable to keep your fresh food the best option is to prepare and cook a large meal and you have left overs for a few days,you do that 2 or three times a week and you have access to multiple types of left overs in your fridge that can be used to create a number of different dishes, to give you a wealth of options, that blows away any fast food you'll find.

It really is just about discipline.

As for it being cheaper or more expensive it depends on the measure
if you compare what you actually do get with fast food to what you actually do get if you buy healthy..

You get more healthy

It may not look that way.
But you need to know what your buying..and how to prep it..

Their are a huge number of cheap options online cheap diets even for vegetarians or meat eaters.

Indeed all things in moderation

But I wouldn't tell that to someone who is having a wieght issue.

Nor would I tell an alcoholic it regarding to booze

Nor a diabetic it regarding sweets

Etc

If one wishes to lose wieght, staying away from fast food seems to be a good idea, even if only for a short duration, if for some reason the individual has a plm in staying away from it, which should at least bring up some thoughts in the individual as to their freedom and choices and why they seemingly are unable to stop doing something they find harmful

As for me

I've never had a wieght plm

I was always under wieght . And prefer to be fast, strong and light to project power and agile then big and slow. I always keep moving..due to my career I've learned allot about dieting and eating the right foods in the right proportions for the right purpose to give your body the right building blocks it needs.
So I spend a good bit of time in the dojo helping others create dilate plans and drawing up their charts and helping them keep track of it..

For what's it's worth.

Last edited:
It's a strange thing to hate gardens...
Such a strong emotion for plant life.
Mmmmm

WhAt kind of dogs?

Poor pooches living with humans. Who hate them:)

I believe that it depends on what you cook in the microwave not just that it is prepared in the microwave. I often do a veggies that come frozen in a bag by pouring out one serving for myself and cooking in the microwave.

The same for places known for "Fast Food" it is a matter of what you buy there. Most have salad choices, etc. as well as things like burgers and/or chicken.

Sure..

But not to get picky it Actually does matter how food is cooked if you wish to gain the nutrients your looking for

But I doubt that's really what Dnm was stating.

As for getting salads at a fast food joint
Indeed
But for heat you actually get your better off making the salads at home..with the food you actually buy..

If money is an issue

Last edited:
Rent a garden that is a cool idea. My mom's dogs are a chocolate lab and a pugle (pug +beagle) and I can ask about pots. I didn't think about that. I am going to try to make a garden and tell her it's for the grand kids lol, learning experience

I can see maybe not liking a pug beagle cross, but hating a chocolate lab?
That's not right girl.....
That's not right..
(Eyes some pooch biscuits licks chops)

Now go give her a good scratch And tommy rub...she deserves it....

:)

I'd be more scared of a chocolate lab because of size... so no most big dogs I don't like. A puggle is adorable though- have seen pics of one as a puppy- haven't any new ones lately as the owner died a couple of years ago (her husband still has the puggle though) so haven't seen any new pics on FB.

I dunno...

You shouldn't be scared of any dog...

Granted if you find one foaming at the mouth and looking at you cross eyed fine..
But for the most part, fear should be kept out of it, as they ar very sensitive to fear...

But it's not fear we are chatting about its about hate..

Those poor pooches live with humans who hate them and hate plant life..

I think Drafnerdmommy needs to give those pooches some biscuits...and a good scratch....I'm sure their backs are itchy....and tommy needs a rub and a pat...
Mmmmm.....

They'll love her for it..
See..
Pooches are easy...

Try that with people, it takes allot more:)

Hmm... well when you are a wee tot with cataracts (in the process of surgery) and deaf and see a blob of a dog coming at you with no idea, you get scared (or so the story goes)- after that I was always a little unsure around any dog- takes time for me. But that has improved a lot for me over the years at least.

Then after getting bit by a Chow on both arms...yes I don't want to be anywhere near Chows anymore and still am a little nervous/afraid around big dogs. Some I do warm up to like the big Mastiff my friends have- he's so ridiculously goofy and a giant puppy who thinks he's really a beagle though...

That's some bad experiences...
When I was a bAby and tot, I slept in a kennel with a trained attack german Shepard. Who loved and protected me dearly..who also was very good at bringing humans down to ground when instructed

Ive always been kindred spirits with pooches...and I love huskeys, and Alaskan malamutes..

Even though you've had some bad experiences with pooches, it's always better to embrace and overcome your fear...
Pooches are far more stable beings the people, and allot more loyal.

In my experience if I had to choose a being to have my back a human or a pooch.
I'd take the pooch any day...

Last edited:
Update news

My appointment is postponed because of my mom's surgeon refuse to appointment of deaf patients for checkup and plus interpreted also..But it's so discrimination for deaf patients but my mom's Doctor and staff is so bastard!! But ADA is mean for deaf and disability but never discrimination deaf patients like that..My mom told her surgeon's staff to mean disability and deaf also but never listen and ignore..

my mom and me search another doctor in Little Rock,Ar get appointment but first seminar makes sure understand in surgery they setup for appointment

Update news

My appointment is postponed because of my mom's surgeon refuse to appointment of deaf patients for checkup and plus interpreted also..But it's so discrimination for deaf patients but my mom's Doctor and staff is so bastard!! But ADA is mean for deaf and disability but never discrimination deaf patients like that..My mom told her surgeon's staff to mean disability and deaf also but never listen and ignore..

my mom and me search another doctor in Little Rock,Ar get appointment but first seminar makes sure understand in surgery they setup for appointment
That sucks! I hope things work out for you soon!

Just out of curiosity, what are you buying, then?

Fuzzy

Hmm... well when you are a wee tot with cataracts (in the process of surgery) and deaf and see a blob of a dog coming at you with no idea, you get scared (or so the story goes)- after that I was always a little unsure around any dog- takes time for me. But that has improved a lot for me over the years at least.

Then after getting bit by a Chow on both arms...yes I don't want to be anywhere near Chows anymore and still am a little nervous/afraid around big dogs. Some I do warm up to like the big Mastiff my friends have- he's so ridiculously goofy and a giant puppy who thinks he's really a beagle though...

If you are afraid of dogs, you behave certain way that simply make the dogs suspicious and nervous of YOU.
in other words, you bring this on yourself.
I am, too, convinced because you know and trust this mastiff, your body language around him is right from the start different,
that's why he is not freaking out when he sees you.

Try to relax and be indifferent when you see any dog.
Just ignore them, go about your merry way as they wouldn't exist.
It is natural for a dog to want to come up and investigate whatever and whenever something comes their way. it's their job.
The instinct tells them to be wary and approach with greatest care, that's why they usually focus intensely before proceeding ahead,
then thoroughly smell you for a while. this is their way to find out perhaps you had a coffee and banana bread, went to the Safeway
did some grocies, meet a couple other dogs on the way. lol in a way, you are a dog's messenger :)

here's something that'll help you understand dogs.
study thoroughly:
dog_body_language1.jpg

PS

also please note, a lot of people make mistake thinking if the dog wag its tail it means he's friendly - no, not always.
when the dog is in dominant position or an aggressive position or wants to warn - it also raises and wags it tail.
the trick is to learn the rest of the body in context to the tail, to understand what the dog means.

dogwagtail2.jpg

the equivalent of dominant in this picture would be "aroused". dominant dog will feel challenged and will strike out.
the golden rule, short, stiff upright wags are never too good.

also, this help a bit:

Fuzzy

Back