im plans have weight loss surgery

sara1981

Reaction score
im plans to have weight loss surgery same my Aunt had one also but im not sure chose i have but i went to doctor and im not sure i will have lapband or gastric bypass whether but im been hard to lose weight for years..

im not sure when i will have weight loss surgery date will be we have wait and see but i did application online at doctor and didnt called back and im still search weight loss doctor in Little Rock,Ar or around in Arkansas nearby its clue..

i would wanted to RID overweight no matter i would lose whether i wanted to lose weight i would like have biniki and i wanted have new looks of me im really wanted to..

At doctor's office in Cabot,Arkansas they chose give me lapband i says alright..

My mom is nurse they have eat less like yellow and green foods and plus fruit&vegetables also i have in my minds what eat or dont..

I understand.

If you plan to, start with a good habit of watching what you are eating right now. gastic Bypass surgery for weight loss is a risk as you already know. My three friends had weight loss surgery. After that they do struggle to watch what they are eating if they dont then they will get in pain in their tummy.

just start now good habit of watching what you eat. maybe put weight loss surgery is on hold and review more on surgery? did doctor show you what doctor did to tummy? its called gastic bypass. Good Luck

Sara, did you have an interpreter with you at the doctor's appointment? Did the doctor explain all the risks, pros and cons for surgery? Did he explain that it requires you to make life-long eating changes?

A couple of my friends (a married couple) each had the gastric bypass surgery. The results were good but there were some troublesome side effects.

Another man that I know (a local politician) had the surgery. He looked good for a while but he's gained back some of the weight.

I just wanted to be sure that you got complete, deep information about the surgery, and that you have full understanding of the seriousness.

I hope it all goes well for you. :)

I know you have diabetes, and wonder is that surgery safe with diabetes?

Good luck, whichever way you choose to go, Sara....and I agree with Reba...and since ur Mom is a Nurse, I'm sure she will guide you correctly.

One of my friends was very overweight also. She had a thyroid problem, but her faith prevented her from seeking help, She is, today, still overweight and eats like a "bird"....And one of my sisters has a extremly high metabolism, she has to eat constantly to maintain 110 lbs., at age 58....

These surgeries require you to be prepared psychologically to control your eating. I ride bicycles with a guy that used to weigh 500lbs, got the surgery, and is down to 260. He said that every day is a struggle to force himself to eat & drink very carefully. There are some side effects, so be sure you understand the risks.

The lap band method is a lot less invasive and is adjustable.

I know you have diabetes, and wonder is that surgery safe with diabetes?

I dont have diabetes but im pre-diabetes my family had diabetes include my dad,my grandma and my late step-dad..

my mom is nurse she know my medical history

Sara, did you have an interpreter with you at the doctor's appointment? Did the doctor explain all the risks, pros and cons for surgery? Did he explain that it requires you to make life-long eating changes?

A couple of my friends (a married couple) each had the gastric bypass surgery. The results were good but there were some troublesome side effects.

Another man that I know (a local politician) had the surgery. He looked good for a while but he's gained back some of the weight.

I just wanted to be sure that you got complete, deep information about the surgery, and that you have full understanding of the seriousness.

my mom will interpreter for me at doctor's office

These surgeries require you to be prepared psychologically to control your eating. I ride bicycles with a guy that used to weigh 500lbs, got the surgery, and is down to 260. He said that every day is a struggle to force himself to eat & drink very carefully. There are some side effects, so be sure you understand the risks.

The lap band method is a lot less invasive and is adjustable.

yes i understand on risks of surgery but i had lung surgery when i was 12 years old and also i have kidney stone scope last years i would careful on surgery i told my mom i can painful on lapband i will becareful..

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 9300)

sara1981 said:

my mom will interpreter for me at doctor's office

I'm sorry, that's not ethical. The doctor must provide a professional, unrelated interpreter for you. It's a conflict of interest for a family member to interpret a medical appointment.

I hope you get an interpreter for your next appointment. That is your ADA right.

yes i understand on risks of surgery but i had lung surgery when i was 12 years old and also i have kidney stone scope last years i would careful on surgery i told my mom i can painful on lapband i will becareful..

I have same problem..surgery safe with diabetes?

---------------------
zija

Good luck, my co worker went thru surgery 3 years ago and she lost a lot of weight but she still is not skinny and still consider overweight. I watched her eat, still unhealthy.

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 9300)

I'm sorry, that's not ethical. The doctor must provide a professional, unrelated interpreter for you. It's a conflict of interest for a family member to interpret a medical appointment.

I hope you get an interpreter for your next appointment. That is your ADA right.

i agreed with you 100%, Reba but she may not listen to you. Just be a cool fanny lady to walk away.

All I know that you are qualified if you weigh over 250 to have the surgery. I am not, darn. So best is eat small few times a day, exercise (any kind, run, walk, biking , swimming etc)

I know it is very hard..I have a hard time, too...but I am too lazy do exercise. opps! I'll try my best anyway.

If I could afford it both financially and medically, I would consider it. I cannot have any surgery where I am put under due to allergies.

You can quit eating sweets now, without surgery.

Back