I'm Not Ignoring You, I'm Deaf

that really is kinda funny cause that happens to me when im like on the computer and I might be facing my back to someone yelling at me I just keep on going what I was doing

A cabbie apparently thought I was ignoring him today. He said something to my fiance, who responded, "she has severely diminished hearing and can't hear a thing you say."
I do tend to not pay any attention to anyone outside anymore. That indicator just isn't there anymore.

Has happened to me many, many times....some people "assume" that I'm just "stuck up" when I don't answer them (not seeing them or my back turned)....Even in stores when there is someone at my back and they say "Excuse me"...and I just stand there....LOL...has got to the point to where I just don't care what they think!...Even if they say I'm rude....and when they do find out I'm deaf...it's always..."Oh, I'm sooooo sorry"!...Have heard (or rather seen) that quote "I'm so sorrrrry"!...so many times...my reply is "Damn right! you're sorry"!

This happen to me with a neighbor of mine ,I had my HA turned down and was shoveling some snow off the step and I didn't hear my neighbor trying to pass me
she thought I was being rude b/c I didn't move for her. She must talk softer than I realize b/c I have my HA up high most of the time but keep it down when
have a headache etc.

Back