I'm new to asl

Sue Laidacker

Reaction score
My name is Sue and I'm of the retirement age. I'm going deaf at a rapid pace and am learning ASL. I'd love to go to some deaf events but I'm sort of afraid that my limited ability in ASL might annoy people who are there. I'm hearing right now with my aids turned up full blast. Yes you actually can teach an old dog new tricks. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any events in the Milton, PA area or the Philly area for right now and also so would I even be accepted at one of these events?

My name is Sue and I'm of the retirement age. I'm going deaf at a rapid pace and am learning ASL. I'd love to go to some deaf events but I'm sort of afraid that my limited ability in ASL might annoy people who are there. I'm hearing right now with my aids turned up full blast. Yes you actually can teach an old dog new tricks. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any events in the Milton, PA area or the Philly area for right now and also so would I even be accepted at one of these events?

I don't know any events near there, but I could help teach you some signs if you want!

Back