I'm going to USA!

Oh, that's cool. That's funny because I do rooted development for the Incredible S on XDA.
I'm guessing you use Virgin mobile or Yes! Optus for your carrier? Not Mobicity or Telestra, right?

If this is right, your 3G carrier is actually T-Mobile. I think it works like this:

Mobicity: 2G: all, 3G: 850mhz
Optus: 2G: all, 3G: 900 & 2100mhz
Virgin: Same as Optus.

USA:
AT&T: 2G: all, 3G: 850 & 1900 mhz
T-mobile: 2G: all, 3G: 1700 & 2100mhz

So in the USA:
2G/GSM both AT&T and T-mobile are fine
3G frequency you will need to use T-mobile, AT&T won't support that model.
You have done a good work, however Mobicity is not a telecommunications provider but a services that sells cell-phones?

If you are really attached to your phone then get it unlocked and just buy a US SIM card once you arrive. I had no end of trouble with my UK SIM trying to 'roam' in Canada so in the end I just got sick of the problems and went and got my Canadian SIM and contract started (which I would have to do eventually anyway).

If that the case I may stick to free wifi places like 7-11 and maccas when Im away from my computer.

I tried doing that, it didn't work out very well. A lot of the wifi places I found in Toronto wanted you to be a customer of a specific phone network or wanted you to register or even wanted you to register and pay for them! I tried book stores, malls, coffee shops, the only places I actually managed to connect was at the airport and at college (where I could log in using my student no. but would have been denied otherwise).

It sucked, I felt like a prisoner because I couldn't check my emails without paying a GBP10.00 roaming charge per megabyte. This wasn't me being vain, btw, this was me getting emails from apartment agents and other important things.

most important question is, why in the world would you ever want to leave australia?!?!

Haha! It just a trip for few months!

I'm thinking of San Antonio is another destination to visit as well? Anyone been there before?

Having been told that majority of Park City is a party town is concerning me. My aspieness does not like party drinking environment because it makes my communication frustrated and I don't drink. Its hard to make friends between sober and drunk person...

I have emailed the program advisor about accommodation to stay with people who doesn't drink party stuff there. Otherwise my trip will go hell with such a reminder of university and college environment....it is a nightmare.

Having been told that majority of Park City is a party town is concerning me. My aspieness does not like party drinking environment because it makes my communication frustrated and I don't drink. Its hard to make friends between sober and drunk person...

I have emailed the program advisor about accommodation to stay with people who doesn't drink party stuff there. Otherwise my trip will go hell with such a reminder of university and college environment....it is a nightmare.
Any resort area is bound to have its partying crowd.

However, Utah is also a Mormon stronghold, so you should be able to find areas that cater especially to their lifestyle. That is, sober areas with clean living. :)

Just keep looking.

Any resort area is bound to have its partying crowd.

However, Utah is also a Mormon stronghold, so you should be able to find areas that cater especially to their lifestyle. That is, sober areas with clean living. :)

Just keep looking.

Yea but I advised to live with the people who are on same program. Not just from Australia, but also from NZL, UK, Peru, Chile and Argentina.

Matt: considering the upcoming events in Utah will Brisbane seem boring for you? Is that a potential "problem" in these "short term stays"?
As for the local "Utah drunks"-no idea- however I understand Mormons "usually don't drink alcohol". Safe from "boozers" for a short time. Enjoy yourself-shoveling snow-for exercise!
Of some potential concern to you: are crocodiles in Utah? Check it out!
Cheers mate!

Yea but I advised to live with the people who are on same program. Not just from Australia, but also from NZL, UK, Peru, Chile and Argentina.
Still, there may be others in your group who will want the same environment that you want. Find out if there's a way you can request to be grouped together. Did you, or will you, fill out a form where rooming preferences were listed?

Maybe you would need to loose up a little bit and enjoy life?

I don't like alcohol. Not in my system! I rather spend on something useful. No way to pay myself to hurt my blood stream and organs....

I don't know what to do now. This women told me in messages about everything will be fine and things will be awesome as I get there. She knew about aspergers. So I dunno whats going on.

Jclarke means that things are going to be OK when you calm down. Not about drinking to loose up. However, it is important for you to stay calm and see clear in front of you whatever things can not be perfect. But things will work out in end.

Jclarke means that things are going to be OK when you calm down. Not about drinking to loose up. However, it is important for you to stay calm and see clear in front of you whatever things can not be perfect. But things will work out in end.
You got that right! :)

Back