I'm getting published!

guido

Reaction score
I received my narrative assignment back from my Comp II Honors professor a few days ago, and he was very impressed with it-so much that he encouraged me to submit it to the school's annual literary journal. So this December, I'll be able to boast about having my work in publication. A lot of friends have compimented my writing skills before, but this definitely boosts my confidence.

Congratulations, man! What was the subject of your narrative, if you don't mind? Even better, can you post it here in it's entirety?

I'd feel a little "exposed" if I were to post it here. It's a pretty personal short story.

The story is about a young man and his frustrations with life in a small, 1960's Southern town.

For anyone who wishes to read it, I don't mind sending it to you privately.

Sure, man, I'd like to read it. I'm at Tousi2@aol.com. Is this a true-to-life story wherein your'e the main or one of the characters?

Sure, man, I'd like to read it. I'm at Tousi2@aol.com. Is this a true-to-life story wherein your'e the main or one of the characters?

I will e-mail it you to in the morning. I'm a little too under the influence to do anything right now.

I'm not quite the main character. I based part of the main character on myself. The story itself is mostly my own feelings and experiences than any of the charcters. I did draw a lot of influence for characters from people I actually know, situations I've experienced, and places I've grown up in.

Congrats! I hope it will lead you onto a bigger goal in future. Keep up a good work and don't give up! :)

congrats,guido

i would love to publish books but i have to type my personal story about my life,and lots of mores what im write.

Wow! Guido...Congrats!
Keep up the good work! and maybe in the
future, you will be a writer? who knows? heh!

congratulations, that is awesome.

It is so exciting to be published. I was published on a assessment website, for a math assignment we had created (we = my group)

Still waiting but if you have had second thoughts, that's fine....

CONGRATULATIONS ........ we all have a story to tell and it takes guts to get it down on paper... I wrote one a few years ago about me being adopted ( I am 42 now ) and I wrote like crazy because it all needed to come out of my head and on paper.... I didnt do anything about it though. Its stuck in a cupboard - ha ha. CONGRATULATIONS

Back