I'm getting frustrated with Cochlear

I don't know how it would work with the 22 but with mine I can order replacement parts direct from Cochlear Americas online would it be possible to order a stronger magnet that way? Or would a magnet from a different model coil work in yours?

No, it won't work with different model and the old coil was thin.

ibtqAxGXqIninX.JPG

ib1R6rdPZHFNZ0.JPG

iKbFM4hUirlMv.JPG

I think Cochlear no longer support Spectra 22.

Yeah, it take time.. but at least N6 upgrade for N22 implant is coming soon!
Glad to know your Sprecta 22 is fixed. How you fix it?? :)

I just dusted off the speech processor with compressed gas and replaced with battery, also messed with magnet/coil to get work very well, so I found magnet/coil are major reason that why I can't get work.

I'm not going keep bodyworn speech processor, ugh... :lol:

I've had n22 since 1997. I have had processor upgrades to Esprit and Freedom. I am waiting for the N6 to become compatible with my N22 implant and will also have my other ear implanted. It is true, I cannot discriminate speech without looking. However, when my processor is off I have extremely difficult time reading lips. That tells me my brain is processing sounds and makes lipreading much easier with the implant turned on. The newer the processor is, the better programming they are making speech more clearer.

Fox, I recently read that with the upgrade of the N6, that if the doctor feels (and are strongly suggesting it) to get re-implanted with a new implant since it has a lot more electrodes to stimulate therefore producing a wider spectrum of sounds...
If it was me, I would want the best/better/new product and if covered under insurance I'd get the whole package for the best experience. I heard the N6 is a whole new learning experience.

Fox, I recently read that with the upgrade of the N6, that if the doctor feels (and are strongly suggesting it) to get re-implanted with a new implant since it has a lot more electrodes to stimulate therefore producing a wider spectrum of sounds...
If it was me, I would want the best/better/new product and if covered under insurance I'd get the whole package for the best experience. I heard the N6 is a whole new learning experience.

There are actually only 2 more electrodes on Cochlear's current N24 Implant vs the older N22 and rarely will a Physician prescribe explanting a working internal device.

The main difference is that the N24 runs Cochlear's ACE strategy, the coding strategy that the vast majority of their users use, which runs through 8 electrodes per cycle as opposed to the full length of the array. The length of the array is used in a roving manner depending on the most prominent sound at the moment. N22 users tend to use SPEAK. The difference that users notice with using the N6 processor is the combination of the microphones and the various environmental settings options. The actual internal stimulation has not changed from previous processors.

Back