• AOL Pager

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Deaf Wireless

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
Originally posted by illustrator
I have cell phone - Sony t305 with text msg. It help me alos to keep me in touch with my whole family and friends.

Cell phone, how do u feel if it is receiving msg there? i have never any of them thinking to get one soon

Originally posted by TommyGirl
Cell phone, how do u feel if it is receiving msg there? i have never any of them thinking to get one soon
good question.:cool:

huh, what u mean by that? are u HOH?

I am fine with phone with relay service in old way than rather new way such as pager, email or aim. More half of them, don't like or don't know how or don't have instant message or email.

it's important to keep them in touch. You can't keep demand them to use what they ccouldn't afford or unwant.

I am deaf.

I am fine with phone with relay service in old way than rather new way such as pager, email or aim. More half of them, don't like or don't know how or don't have instant message or email.

it's important to keep them in touch. You can't keep demand them to use what they ccouldn't afford or unwant.

I am deaf.

I asked how do u feel when cell phone ringing incoming call? is there vibralator(sp)?

I asked how do u feel when cell phone ringing incoming call? is there vibralator(sp)?

ahh, that's better question... usually, cell phone have vibrator. I can feel as I know I have an incoming calling.

ahh, that's better question... usually, cell phone have vibrator. I can feel as I know I have an incoming calling.

I see, thank u! :cool:

i have cell phone "nokia 6100" and it got vibrating alert for text message reciving, also it is very huge popular for deaf user in Europe and Australia!, here the pic below

WAZ--MOBILE.jpg

Last edited:
i used timeport p935 wideworld nation satl.... i have tried wynd and other pager for deaf use dont wory in my area so timeport can do anywhere in country that is how and what i used so far

So far, I know deaf in England and Italy are use TDD which are simpliar as North America. I dunno other country, expect France & Japan are use know as Mini-Communication, which look like Apple IIe or something...

Since New Zealand has no Relay Service (good news... after 8 yrs of kicking the teleco's and govt asses...NZ going to get this service at the end of this year.) I use an Actel viberating text phone.

This does not help me much other than communicating with friends whom have similiar text phones.

NZ badly needs a communication foundation via Relay services to ensure access to Education, Health, Employment etc is complied with for Deaf or Speech-impaired persons.

While texting is excellent in some ways it doesn't get us the right access we need here.

Originally posted by WonderBum
Since New Zealand has no Relay Service (good news... after 8 yrs of kicking the teleco's and govt asses...NZ going to get this service at the end of this year.) I use an Actel viberating text phone.

This does not help me much other than communicating with friends whom have similiar text phones.

NZ badly needs a communication foundation via Relay services to ensure access to Education, Health, Employment etc is complied with for Deaf or Speech-impaired persons.

While texting is excellent in some ways it doesn't get us the right access we need here.

Write the letter to Queen Elizabeth about it. She have little power control over New Zealand. Isn't that correct? ;)

Write the letter to Queen Elizabeth about it. She have little power control over New Zealand. Isn't that correct? ;)

I bare my bum to the Britich Empire. I'm of Scottish/Irish breed...

The Queen has no teeth over NZ. Shes a expired icon.

NZ itself needs a kick up the ass as I am currently doing within politics here.

Countries that have full access to such services, Relay, captioning etc can actually help us out when at times we need them.

I have a mobile phone (Nokia 8310 - it's 8390 in USA) and has text messaging capability. :D If I were in USA, I'd get either the RIM 950 or Sidekick. ;)

Katzie said:
Never owned a pager, but am getting sidekick with color pda next month! :D

and yes I got my color sidekick! Bought it since June 2003 and loved it!

Back