I'm BIONIC

Adam

Reaction score
Well it' official, I am now Bionic. I had my surgery last Tuesday. I have the MedEl Sonata implant. My activation is May 11th.

I'm Bionic too!! A day for me was 10yrs 6 months ago!! Good luck!!

Well it' official, I am now Bionic. I had my surgery last Tuesday. I have the MedEl Sonata implant. My activation is May 11th.

Best of luck on that exciting day!

Adam from my experience should be an "interesting time" when your Implant is activated. Sounded weird as I recall but got used to it. The key is mapping which adjusts everything to you. Also, give yourself time to adjust-most of us need time.

I have mentioned this before when I was activated went to a singles dance 3 days later! the music sounded about an octave to high! Changed the next day-lucky a mapping appointment. You will strange sounds from everywhere- yeah streetcars with "dance music"! Just harmonic sounds.

Much immediate success Adam as it takes time to ultimately get used to your new Implant.

Implanted Sunnybrook Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Congrats I go next Thursday for my activation...glad its not sooner as i am still sore to the touch on that side. Looks they are doing you just over two weeks...here the standard is 4 weeks after surgery.

Back