I'm back!

Hayden

Reaction score
Hello!
I've taken a break from Alldeaf, but I'm back! I've started a new semester of college and I am taking 7 hours of ASL a week. My vocabulary is growing really quickly, and I'm having a lot of fun going to Deaf events.
I did have a question though. My right hand is KILLING me! Does anyone have any remedies for hand pain? I've stopped signing outside of class to give my hand a break, but it's still really sore.
Thanks!
H

Strengthen your hand with a squeeze spring type exerciser.

Buy quality, durable balloons. Fill with silica sand or play sand. Double bag it. Have fun squeezing away!

I have had several tendon injuries so exercising/strengthening of the hand is something I've had a lot of practice with.

Sorry ,forgot welcome back.. enjoy..there are alot of nice people here..

Okay! I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to permanently damage my hand if I kept signing. I figured not, but I love to worry.

Oh, I have been signing for 32 years. I think it helps strengthen my hands more than damaging it.

Hello!
I've taken a break from Alldeaf, but I'm back! I've started a new semester of college and I am taking 7 hours of ASL a week. My vocabulary is growing really quickly, and I'm having a lot of fun going to Deaf events.
I did have a question though. My right hand is KILLING me! Does anyone have any remedies for hand pain? I've stopped signing outside of class to give my hand a break, but it's still really sore.
Thanks!
H

Neat!!

Sorry about your sore hand. I do not know what to suggest. I am using my hands for more than 40 yrs. maybe wiggles your fingers, wrist and move your arms at home, just to stretching them often.

I disagree. People who used their hands a lot in childhood will do well. However, for people who didn't, carpal tunnel is a real hazard. For that, rest is very important. CT surgery will end up laying you up for many months. Take care, and see a doctor.

Wirelessly posted

Best thing to do, is to see your medical doctor. He/She can check out your hand and give you the best advice.

Back