I'm Back! -- This Time For Good!!!

Hear Again

Reaction score
Hi everyone!!

How are all of you doing?? I've REALLY missed all of you!! <smile>

I'm planning to move out of my current apartment building that I've been living in for 15 years. It's time for a change. I no longer feel comfortable here because of some issues I've had to deal with. Even my case manager has agreed that it's time for me to move, so that's what I'm doing.

I also plan to move to Arizona. I know I've mentioned that ad nauseum, but it's a move I defnitely will be making in another year. I've been saving money for my move since there will be plenty of costs related to first and last month's rent, security deposit and moving van expenses. I thought about relocating to Tucson, but I've done more research and am planning to move to the greater Phoenix area instead.

Aside from that, Amelia (my guide dog) and I are doing well. We're enjoying the summer and have grown together as a team. While the first few months together were difficult, Amelia's behavior has improved dramatically. I've developed some back pain since March (due to unknown causes) yet Amelia compensates for it very, very well. When I need to walk slower due to pain, she slows down her pace accordingly.

I've also been doing well with my CIs. I'm very excited because I'm now waiting to hear back from my insurance regarding approval for the Nucleus 5 for my right ear. Note that I am not having surgery -- this is just for the external processor. I still have the 3G speech processor which will no longer be covered (from what I understand) as of December/January 2011. My audiologist will also be seeking insurance approval for my left ear next year.

Well, I'd better close for now so as to not make this into a dissertation. LOL! I hope to hear from many of you soon! I also hope you all are doing well!

Lastly, I promise not to be a stranger from now on!

Smiles and hugs to all!!

Hear Again

whoa. long time no talk!

whoa. long time no talk!

Hi there Jiro! Perhaps you and I can get into a polical debate sometime. J/K Seriously...if we do, I promise to keep it cool, okay? Good to see you on AD! <smile>

Welcome back!! I've really missed "hearing" from you. Stay around now, ya hear?

:welcome: back to AD, Hear Again. :D (very happy) I hope the move to Arizona will make you feel comfortable with the weather (hotter than New Mexico). :) (smile) Yeah, we had a lot of discussions and some debates so far especially in the Current news and probably in the Deaf news. Looking forward to reading your posts more. Yahoo!!!! :dance: (dancing)

Welcome back, Hear Again! I've missed reading your posts! :wave:

welcome back lisa! My grandparents live in phoenix and its so beautiful out there!

:welcome: back to AD, Hear Again. :D (very happy) I hope the move to Arizona will make you feel comfortable with the weather (hotter than New Mexico). :) (smile) Yeah, we had a lot of discussions and some debates so far especially in the Current news and probably in the Deaf news. Looking forward to reading your posts more. Yahoo!!!! :dance: (dancing)

Hello Bebonang! Thanks for the welcome! I'm more of a hot weather person than a cold weather person. I don't like the cold winters we have here in Wisconsin. LOL! I'm also not much of a fan of the humind summers we have here either! As they say down in Arizona, "It's a dry heat!" LOL! I'll have to check out some of the debates in the current news and Deaf news sections to see what has been going on. I've been keeping up with national and political news, so I'll be interested to read what AD has been saying in response. <smile> I can't wait!

welcome back lisa! My grandparents live in phoenix and its so beautiful out there!

Hey there Alicia! Thanks for the welcome back! I've heard Phoenix is beautiful! I'm really anxious to move down there myself! My sister can't wait either because in her words, "she'll have a place she can come to vacation." LOL!

Ah welcome back, Hear Again... I wondered what ya have been up to since we last saw ya around here... hope your move to Arizona will go smoothly for sure.. I would love to visit Arizona one day and see what can be doable to sightsee around...

Ah welcome back, Hear Again... I wondered what ya have been up to since we last saw ya around here... hope your move to Arizona will go smoothly for sure.. I would love to visit Arizona one day and see what can be doable to sightsee around...

Hey Sharky! How have you been? If you have the chance to visit Arizona sometime, let me know. I've only been there once -- to Tucson -- and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Back