I'm a deaf SKYDIVER. And I'm also a geek/programmer too!

Mark Rejhon

Reaction score
Hello!

Although I've been around a bit, I'm reintroducing myself!

....One is that I'm Canada's first licensed born-deaf skydiver, I'm listed as the only Canadian skydiver at DeafSkydivers.org Profiles! I have published an article about my skydiving endeavours at this Dropzone.com link.

...Second is that I'm a software developer/geek too! I have been working on adding real time text support to Google Talk and Apple iChat (both of which uses XMPP/Jabber). Similiar to AOL's Real-Time IM. I've published a specification at RealJabber.org ... An animation of Google Talk compatible real time text is shown below!

xmpp-rtt-animation.gif

Hello Mark

I really want to skydiver in someday. You lucky. How many ft between start and end? How long it take till land?

When RTT will release for OSX and Linux?

I really want to skydiver in someday. You lucky. How many ft between start and end? How long it take till land?
Most skydives are 13500 feet in altitude. The flight takes about 10-15 minutes, the freefall lasts 60 seconds, and the parachute flight lasts 5 minutes.

More detail: If I want a longer parachute flight, I can pull immediately out of the airplane (with permission) and get a 20 minute parachute flight, peacefully floating down from above the clouds, then between the gaps in clouds, and below. Like a glider (I can steer too).

When RTT will release for OSX and Linux?
By end of 2011 or during 2012, for third-party software running on OSX and Linux. An early prototype beta of the software for Windows is already published at RealJabber.org and I also have a prototype on Java too (which works on OSX and Linux too). It shouldn't take too long for other programmers copy it and add it to other brands of Jabber-compatible software. (or even hire me as a contractor to add RTT to their software; I'm working on 3 projects right now too!) For more info, see the other AllDeaf.com thread: Real Time Text on Google Talk & Apple iChat Network ...

Back