If you ever have a cold...

Oh I believe it! I know I work at a very VERY busy triage hospital, but I've also gone to help out other smaller hospitals over-night with coverage. My hospital is never quiet night or day, but this other hospital was freaky quiet and some of the stuff you hear... :Ohno: I thought about going to a psychologist to get tested for the onset of schizophrenia! ( No joke, seriously I heard some creepy crap there ) I suppose a hospital would be the place to hear creepy things. If it weren't for the over-night tech telling me he hears weird stuff too, I'd have likely gone... :ugh: :Ohno:
I can't help but ask - saying something is freaky only gets me curious.... what kind of things did you hear. Did you think something was wrong with your CI at first then verify with others? Or were you hearing it in your mind?

I questioned the C.I. theory at first.... believe me. It didn't sound like it was in my mind, it sounded like someone was speaking to me. I kept feeling this weird feeling like someone was standing behind me but nobody was ever there. I saw a few things on the camera that made me double take, but since I don't have access to the tape room to rewind I never rechecked it on film or anything. It was just in general a creepy unsettling feeling being there. I suppose because when I'm at my hospital ( much MUCH busier and more deaths I'm sure ) that we're always busy. We're always running somewhere, doing something.... something! Here, it was dead. You just sat there waiting around. Since I didn't know any of the staff I stayed by myself pretty much. Sounds of people talking ( in-distinctively ) Just some weird stuff.... weeeeeeird stuff.....

My experience is mild compared to yours. The hospital is a place where so many people move through and suffer and die or suffer and recover it seem it would be a greater possibility of things strange. Especially an old hospital.
A couple of years ago I was doing maintenance electrical work in a large machine shop building that's main usefulness was over. It had been built in the 50's and produced specialty tools for Americas advanced science of the day. I had been in and out of there a hundred times in the course of normal days working busy. This time I was in there completely alone for a couple of hours. I did not hear anything specific but there was a huge presence of strange in there. Hmmm. Very spooky but I have been deep into electrical systems for a long time. I did my thing and left. Later I asked a fellow who worked at the site for 20 some years and found out about the double murder where two machinists who hated each other shot each other to death in there.

Wirelessly posted

Does it comes with a handy dandy waste basket or bag to dispose of the germy tissues?

Wirelessly posted

Mewtilation said:
I questioned the C.I. theory at first.... believe me. It didn't sound like it was in my mind, it sounded like someone was speaking to me. I kept feeling this weird feeling like someone was standing behind me but nobody was ever there. I saw a few things on the camera that made me double take, but since I don't have access to the tape room to rewind I never rechecked it on film or anything. It was just in general a creepy unsettling feeling being there. I suppose because when I'm at my hospital ( much MUCH busier and more deaths I'm sure ) that we're always busy. We're always running somewhere, doing something.... something! Here, it was dead. You just sat there waiting around. Since I didn't know any of the staff I stayed by myself pretty much. Sounds of people talking ( in-distinctively ) Just some weird stuff.... weeeeeeird stuff.....

Overhead page? Many hospitals have speakers so they can page their staff when needed.

I'm not mean to someone who I could even THINK be faking. Unless I'm certain, I'm extremely pleasant. Trying to get me to change your script from a T3 to a Oxy is telling me they need me to be a raging bi**h and they need to GTFO! I've had a broken toe a few times. Sure it's uncomfortable but it's nothing you're DYING in pain over! I think having a toe nail ripped off is a hell of a lot more painful personally.... :ugh: Still no need for an Oxy script or to whine about it in a major triage center when there's people WAY worse than you! This was a 6'2 325 pound man whining over a broken toe!!! I just had a guy in a few days ago from Bulgaria. Toughest man I've ever seen. Broke his leg, bone sticking out... :ugh: Says, ( In heavy accent ) "Just put bandage on it, I have to get back to work." LMAO! I was like man, you are a tough mother fu***r!!!

After they see you...they come to see me. Very, very seldom does an ER write for Oxy, Percocet is pretty common for serious injuries.

Oh the stories I could tell about fake scripts. I actually worked with the DEA at my pharmacy. We arrested quite a few people. There were two nurses that called in scripts for a "patient" and later come and pick them up for themselves. We caught on pretty quick and they were arrested. My one big bust was on a lady filling RX's all over town, numerous doctors too. DEA was in my pharmacy, police were following her. She stopped at church before coming in. We busted her, she was arrested and taken away. Sad part was she had two small kids with her.

Eventually my company thought there were too many risks and we stopped. If someone came in to pick up a fake, I would keep the written RX, inform the doctor and ask them to leave.

By the way, I have given birth to four kids, numerous surgeries......when I broke my leg last year the pain was out of this world. It broke right below my knee cap, all the way across. Spent my whole Maui vacation in the hospital.

After they see you...they come to see me. Very, very seldom does an ER write for Oxy, Percocet is pretty common for serious injuries.

Oh the stories I could tell about fake scripts. I actually worked with the DEA at my pharmacy. We arrested quite a few people. There were two nurses that called in scripts for a "patient" and later come and pick them up for themselves. We caught on pretty quick and they were arrested. My one big bust was on a lady filling RX's all over town, numerous doctors too. DEA was in my pharmacy, police were following her. She stopped at church before coming in. We busted her, she was arrested and taken away. Sad part was she had two small kids with her.

Eventually my company thought there were too many risks and we stopped. If someone came in to pick up a fake, I would keep the written RX, inform the doctor and ask them to leave.

By the way, I have given birth to four kids, numerous surgeries......when I broke my leg last year the pain was out of this world. It broke right below my knee cap, all the way across. Spent my whole Maui vacation in the hospital.

I don't know if its just North Carolina that does it or a federal thing, but here theres a narcotic database that a dr can access to see when the last time a pt filled something like that ... and it has gotten tighter, my dr's office doesn't call a script in anymore they will fax it to the pharmacy or give out a written script ... I was in about 3 weeks ago and he was going to give me Levaquin for 10 days (not narcotics but still uses the same method) while I was in with him he just pulled my record up and send in it right then.

I was in the ER last winter. I have never been so insulted and abused and overcharged in my life. Whoa. They can take their so called care facility and shove it. I get enraged just thinking about it. Believe me there is another side to these stories.

And that's why I asked for a medical professional from the crowd-- I didn't want to be held liable for something I might not know about. Someone came out of the crowd and began to do a quick check, which I am NOT trained to do-- and when the person said an AED was necessary, I asked if there was a pacemaker (I kept this in mind), and we checked for scars, and didn't see one, or anything to indicate there was one there, so we went ahead and got one, but it took some convincing the hotel that there was a medical professional already there (One of their staff actually had to verify this) before they let me go with it. Wowsers...... all the details coming back now.

held liable? no you won't be.... Good Samaritan Law protects you from that unless you're recklessly negligent and incompetent

for ie - trying to revive a drowned person by slapping and punching his face to wake him up instead of performing a CPR and he ended up with a broken neck (after being revived by EMT) :lol:

i have brochitis problems and it helps a lot when i used the grandma's old mediciene.

now i haven't get a brochitis since three years lately!

I haven't had bronchitis since I quit smoking. I used to have sinus infections a lot too. Thank God I don't have to deal with those either...man was that horrible waiting for the doctor's appointment and waiting for the antibiotic I needed and waiting for it to kick in. I sure don't miss all the "joys" of smoking....I think I've been lucky not to have a really bad cold in a few years now.

Laura

Wirelessly posted

Lau2046 said:
Moondancer said:
i have brochitis problems and it helps a lot when i used the grandma's old mediciene.

now i haven't get a brochitis since three years lately!

I haven't had bronchitis since I quit smoking. I used to have sinus infections a lot too. Thank God I don't have to deal with those either...man was that horrible waiting for the doctor's appointment and waiting for the antibiotic I needed and waiting for it to kick in. I sure don't miss all the "joys" of smoking....I think I've been lucky not to have a really bad cold in a few years now.

Laura

Laura, Same here. I quit 3 years ago and haven't had a sinus infection since and only got Bronchitis once.

Last edited:
My experience is mild compared to yours. The hospital is a place where so many people move through and suffer and die or suffer and recover it seem it would be a greater possibility of things strange. Especially an old hospital.
A couple of years ago I was doing maintenance electrical work in a large machine shop building that's main usefulness was over. It had been built in the 50's and produced specialty tools for Americas advanced science of the day. I had been in and out of there a hundred times in the course of normal days working busy. This time I was in there completely alone for a couple of hours. I did not hear anything specific but there was a huge presence of strange in there. Hmmm. Very spooky but I have been deep into electrical systems for a long time. I did my thing and left. Later I asked a fellow who worked at the site for 20 some years and found out about the double murder where two machinists who hated each other shot each other to death in there.

:shock:

Wirelessly posted

Overhead page? Many hospitals have speakers so they can page their staff when needed.

I assure you I am well aware of the intercom system. This was in-distinctive speaking, nothing like a page I would receive.

I don't know if its just North Carolina that does it or a federal thing, but here theres a narcotic database that a dr can access to see when the last time a pt filled something like that ... and it has gotten tighter, my dr's office doesn't call a script in anymore they will fax it to the pharmacy or give out a written script ... I was in about 3 weeks ago and he was going to give me Levaquin for 10 days (not narcotics but still uses the same method) while I was in with him he just pulled my record up and send in it right then.

We don't do hand written scripts at my hospital either unless it's for an antibiotic or something similar. :P It does cut down on the fraud.

I was in the ER last winter. I have never been so insulted and abused and overcharged in my life. Whoa. They can take their so called care facility and shove it. I get enraged just thinking about it. Believe me there is another side to these stories.

I think I know what you are talking about. Patients who have severe chronic pain can be questioned and made to feel like your a faker. Doctors are a little freaked out about over medicating someone. Sadly for those who do fake it and abuse the system make it very difficult for us pain patients.

I saw a MD once for a consolation, he came back in the room and said "I will do your surgery but I will not give you Vicodin. I basically told him to go f**k himself and walked out.

The part that really ticks me off is........If my hubby comes to my appointments
things always turn out great. Doctor in a better mood too. Takes the time to speak with us. Thankfully hubby goes with me to all my appointments, especially since my brain does not work like it should.

I think I know what you are talking about. Patients who have severe chronic pain can be questioned and made to feel like your a faker. Doctors are a little freaked out about over medicating someone. Sadly for those who do fake it and abuse the system make it very difficult for us pain patients.

I saw a MD once for a consolation, he came back in the room and said "I will do your surgery but I will not give you Vicodin. I basically told him to go f**k himself and walked out.

The part that really ticks me off is........If my hubby comes to my appointments
things always turn out great. Doctor in a better mood too. Takes the time to speak with us. Thankfully hubby goes with me to all my appointments, especially since my brain does not work like it should.

Exactly, it's a few bad apples that ruin it for everyone. We have to be so careful with scripts now a days it's unreal. If you have someone coming in over and over again with nothing showing up on tests you'd be weary too. I'm not saying it's always nothing because it's DEFINITELY something sometimes... However, you get these pill poppers trying to make money and take advantage who do people blame? Yup, the medical staff. "You gave my baby more Oxy when he was clearly an addict and he OD'd on pills and died so now I'm going to sue you for malpractice!" Mmmhm, it happens... a lot. The excuse "They kept telling me they were in pain" is not enough. Sure, sometimes you can prove your case, however most of the time the hospital wants to save face and will work things out with whoever for whatever reason... Sometimes they'll fight it. Just saying though like Angel just said pretty much, a few bad apples ruin it for everyone else... 20 years ago you wouldn't have questioned a paper script for a pain killer... Now a days, it's a huge deal. Times change. See from our end too, we get a LOT of people trying to get pain killers. When something doesn't show on a test we tend to lump people together sometimes, yes. I try to avoid this personally but I realize it can and does happen. When 20 of the people you saw today were trying to squeeze you for Oxy or whatever you'd eventually get the same way too. You gather more flies with honey than vinegar... That saying is more than beyond true with your medical team... just keep that in mind as well.

It is my observation just Angel points out that having someone along - in her case her husband, makes all the difference. As a guy in a hospital setting or doctor office I see very much so that I am somehow legitimized to have a spouse or long term girlfriend that acts that part with me. Why that is I do not know but it is real I know that. I have gone in alone lots of times and it sometimes ends up going not like I would have wanted. I pay a lot for some very interesting and memorable experiences.
I am the only one in my family not in the medical field. Having family in it helps some but not as much as one would think. I know for a fact that without modern medicine and the hardworking professionals that show up day in and day out, I would be long gone from this life. Mostly l love them and am hugely appreciative.

It is my observation just Angel points out that having someone along - in her case her husband, makes all the difference. As a guy in a hospital setting or doctor office I see very much so that I am somehow legitimized to have a spouse or long term girlfriend that acts that part with me. Why that is I do not know but it is real I know that. I have gone in alone lots of times and it sometimes ends up going not like I would have wanted. I pay a lot for some very interesting and memorable experiences.
I am the only one in my family not in the medical field. Having family in it helps some but not as much as one would think. I know for a fact that without modern medicine and the hardworking professionals that show up day in and day out, I would be long gone from this life. Mostly l love them and am hugely

My condition disabled me. It was severe and over the years really took a toll on me and my body. I ended up almost bedridden and in a wheelchair for years. Finally started seeing a new doctor, a female, and she helped me so, so much.
I never could go back to work but I do have good days now and haven't used my wheelchair since I broke my leg.

Hubby still goes with me to the doctor, especially now that I am deaf. BUT we make it a date night and go to dinner after.:giggle:

Exactly, it's a few bad apples that ruin it for everyone. We have to be so careful with scripts now a days it's unreal. If you have someone coming in over and over again with nothing showing up on tests you'd be weary too. I'm not saying it's always nothing because it's DEFINITELY something sometimes... However, you get these pill poppers trying to make money and take advantage who do people blame? Yup, the medical staff. "You gave my baby more Oxy when he was clearly an addict and he OD'd on pills and died so now I'm going to sue you for malpractice!" Mmmhm, it happens... a lot. The excuse "They kept telling me they were in pain" is not enough. Sure, sometimes you can prove your case, however most of the time the hospital wants to save face and will work things out with whoever for whatever reason... Sometimes they'll fight it. Just saying though like Angel just said pretty much, a few bad apples ruin it for everyone else... 20 years ago you wouldn't have questioned a paper script for a pain killer... Now a days, it's a huge deal. Times change. See from our end too, we get a LOT of people trying to get pain killers. When something doesn't show on a test we tend to lump people together sometimes, yes. I try to avoid this personally but I realize it can and does happen. When 20 of the people you saw today were trying to squeeze you for Oxy or whatever you'd eventually get the same way too. You gather more flies with honey than vinegar... That saying is more than beyond true with your medical team... just keep that in mind as well.

Mew, I totally understand where your coming from. I do not think an ER is the place for patients to get narcotics. Maybe a pain shot and sent on their way to follow up with their own doctor if needed. I worked with the DEA, I saw it almost every single day in the pharmacy. It is really hard for a doctor to determine who is real or not. My medical condition disabled me. Eventually I found a terrific doctor, she lets me tell her what I think I need.

Wirelessly posted

Angel1989 said:

Mew, I totally understand where your coming from. I do not think an ER is the place for patients to get narcotics. Maybe a pain shot and sent on their way to follow up with their own doctor if needed. I worked with the DEA, I saw it almost every single day in the pharmacy. It is really hard for a doctor to determine who is real or not. My medical condition disabled me. Eventually I found a terrific doctor, she lets me tell her what I think I need.

Our Pharmacist will not take scripts for schedule II drugs unless he knows it is for a reason and in good faith. We also get bad scripts from pill mills and we flat out refuse to take certain scripts from certain clinics or doctors. The pharmacist has to act in good faith. We had a few fakes before as well. People think we are stupid and not know better. Gotta love working in the Pharmacy.

Back