If you died.. what would you let others do? (internet)

naisho

Forum Disorders M.D.,Ph.D
Reaction score
I have a rhetoric question of a kind.

Have you ever noticed other facebook members, forum members, someone online is dead or passed away and their profiles are still left up as if they were alive?

Sometimes, I've notice people don't even know they were dead because they didn't get the news.

My question is, do you think facebook, email providers like gmail, yahoo, should provide a support service where they let people close to them access their information and change it, so the other people know that they are dead?

Or should they be left alone?

:hmm:

If I still have my living relatives, they would inform my family and friends on their profiles about my death. E-mails or private messages are work fine. Personally, I prefer to keep my profiles stay on.

I think it would be nice if someone add a status display option that you're are dead or not. Maybe, it can give an option to few or some relatives that they can change the status for someone. I don't know if that would help...

Just a thought. :)

Mine could just be left alone. If I don't reply back to you, you could figure out I am dead after a while.

I have a rhetoric question of a kind.

Have you ever noticed other facebook members, forum members, someone online is dead or passed away and their profiles are still left up as if they were alive?

Sometimes, I've notice people don't even know they were dead because they didn't get the news.

My question is, do you think facebook, email providers like gmail, yahoo, should provide a support service where they let people close to them access their information and change it, so the other people know that they are dead?

Or should they be left alone?

:hmm:

Good question. I personally think there should be some sort of document that could be submitted and retained to allow one person access in the case of death or incapacitating illness. Kind of like a power of attorney for taking care of other business affairs in the same situation.

I wonder how many of my own funerals I have missed since I quit going to FB? :hmm:

Good question. I personally think there should be some sort of document that could be submitted and retained to allow one person access in the case of death or incapacitating illness. Kind of like a power of attorney for taking care of other business affairs in the same situation.

We don't have this option on AllDeaf or do we?? I think any closes friends would out about find about person's death from a mutual friend or famliy member.

We don't have this option on AllDeaf or do we?? I think any closes friends would out about find about person's death from a mutual friend or famliy member.

I'm not aware if we do have that option here, but I don't think so.

Well if I stop posting you'll know I had kicked the bucket!

Shoot, I can only stop for a day or two before people start to worry and and email me!:giggle: But, it is nice to know that many people actually care if I am okay or not.

A friend of mine from high-school was also a Facebook friend. She recently passed on, after a long illness. The news was first spread individually, by private messages between many of us classmates, and then on our high-school memorial page, and a couple days later (after the funeral) her husband posted on her FB page, in a status update and thanking people for their thoughts and prayers. Many of us had posted condolences on her page, and he really appreciated that.

I'm like Dwight Schrute.....If I'm dead, nobody made it.

It won't matter to me when I'm dead. I'd like my remaining family members to do whatever is best for them.

It won't matter to me when I'm dead. I'd like my remaining family members to do whatever is best for them.

IMO, that is the greatest way to honor your memory. Use the independence you taught them.

I want to be cremated and have my ashes mixed with Finlay ashes and have my daughter take our ashes to our favorite park throw then toward the river! I just hope the wind is blowing in the right direction for my daughter stake!

My most reasonable daughter has access to all my info and passwords as well as my address book. If she wants to she can notify people. I am such a recluse that I doubt many will notice. lol

My most reasonable daughter has access to all my info and passwords as well as my address book. If she wants to she can notify people. I am such a recluse that I doubt many will notice. lol

I would notice! I look forward to your posts.

But hey, we're both in the prime of life. Neither one of us is going anywhere anytime soon. We gots a lot of living left to do, girl!

Back