If there were a cure for hearing loss would you take it

I think you'll find those people shallow and not worth talking to anyway.

Not to mention impatient.
But honestly, I'm so emotionally deprived that i'd take a cow if it meant i'd have someone to talk to.

:aw:Hey TrippyMoods...
just wanted to give you some support too...
sometimes things just suck but then they change, I know it's hard

in my experience as someone as a hoh GBLTQ pagan Jewish female with learning disabilities, d/Deaf people have been more accepting of me than hearing

I may be one of the odd exceptions but as a late-deafened person I would not take the pill. Having a progressive loss for over 25 years it has become a part of who I am.

If could cure bad back a fortune to be made I be first in que

I may be one of the odd exceptions but as a late-deafened person I would not take the pill. Having a progressive loss for over 25 years it has become a part of who I am.

I was born hoh and been hoh for 69 years. I wouldn't miss my hearing aide for one minute . I am sick of having to try and find a phone I can hear on. This is one part of me that can go :bye: !

It would be great to have a temp pill that names hearies deaf for a day so they can see how they are treating/treated. Maybe we would get more respect and not want a 'cure'.

That's an excellent point! It would've been wonderful for hearies to have a viewpoint on deafness :hmm:

It would be great to have a temp pill that names hearies deaf for a day so they can see how they are treating/treated. Maybe we would get more respect and not want a 'cure'.

This really has nothing to with getting respect , I just would love to be able to get up in morning and take a shower and not have to worry about drying my hair so I can hear . I can't get my hearing aid wet , it will get messed up . I will tell a hearing person they should go home turn on their TV and mute it and try to watch it for awhile . And see what it's like not being able to hear. This will shut most people up for a minute and made them think . Some people say they'll , I don't know if do but it might made them think before being rude to a hoh or deaf over the phone again. I try to hearing people food for thought .

This really has nothing to with getting respect , I just would love to be able to get up in morning and take a shower and not have to worry about drying my hair so I can hear . I can't get my hearing aid wet , it will get messed up . I will tell a hearing person they should go home turn on their TV and mute it and try to watch it for awhile . And see what it's like not being able to hear. This will shut most people up for a minute and made them think . Some people say they'll , I don't know if do but it might made them think before being rude to a hoh or deaf over the phone again. I try to hearing people food for thought .

I agree. Me wishing I could hear better has nothing to do with how other people treat me or what they think. Other people could always treat me with consideration and that wouldn't change the fact that I'd rather be able to hear everything without wearing hearing aids. I like being able to hear. I enjoy music and hearing birds singing and lots of other things, and I'll never prefer not hearing those things. My wishing I could hear normally without hearing aids has nothing to do with what other people think of me or how they treat me, or what I think of anyone else. It has to do with what I personally enjoy experiencing.

Last edited:
This really has nothing to with getting respect , I just would love to be able to get up in morning and take a shower and not have to worry about drying my hair so I can hear . I can't get my hearing aid wet , it will get messed up.

I wear my hearing aids with wet hair. My only problem with that is not getting a good seal of my ear mold and therefore getting feedback on my worse ear side.

I wear my hearing aids with wet hair. My only problem with that is not getting a good seal of my ear mold and therefore getting feedback on my worse ear side.
I do too but then I have really short hair. I seem to remember many of my friends with longish hair (enough to cover the hearing aid) would sometimes put their hearing aids on right after a shower and a quick towel dry rub but didn't want to bother with the hair dryer.

Whatever tickles her pickle...

I do too but then I have really short hair. I seem to remember many of my friends with longish hair (enough to cover the hearing aid) would sometimes put their hearing aids on right after a shower and a quick towel dry rub but didn't want to bother with the hair dryer.

Whatever tickles her pickle...

I throw my hair up in a pony right after towel drying and then put on my ha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

If there was a cure for hearing loss and you all took it, we wouldnt be here anymore.

If there was a cure for hearing loss and you all took it, we wouldnt be here anymore.

Thats the plan, shell....thats their long game..

To rid the world of people like us.

The means through out the last couple hundred years have been debated and tried,

Sterilizatiin, isolation, forced assimiliation,

The tools, have changed....the goal has remained the same.

And it will only continue.

Frankly...
Its a done deal.

Its just a matter of time.

Given how much loot is being brought to bare to rid the world of those like us...

We dont and have never stood a chance.

And with us, will go our language, our stories, our jokes, our poems, our very soul, our cultural memory, our cultural interface to the world,

our long eyes,
The eyes who love sign.
Sign, our prism the world we see and think and share..
Our long eyes, Deaf eyes...Deaf dreams,
D
e
a
f.....

Our history...our memory....

To be at best a fossil in a musem...

As the drill turns...

It wont nor can it be stopped.

Its over.

(Lights a fatty.....stares into the smoke swrling and rising....pondering oblivion..."

Damn.....

The means through out the last couple hundred years have been debated and tried,

Frankly...
Its a done deal.

Given how much loot is being brought to bare to rid the world of those like us...

And with us, will go our language, our stories, our jokes, our poems, our very soul, our cultural memory, our cultural interface to the world,

our long eyes,
The eyes who love sign.
D
e
a
f.....

As the drill turns...

Its over.

(Lights a fatty.....stares into the smoke swrling and rising....pondering oblivion..."

Damn.....
One side effect of long term marijuana use is depression. Very well documented.

I throw my hair up in a pony right after towel drying and then put on my ha.

I been having trouble with my hearing aid and I can only wear it in my left ear so I need to be careful not to get any moister in it. I can't hear without it.

I been having trouble with my hearing aid and I can only wear it in my left ear so I need to be careful not to get any moister in it. I can't hear without it.

That sucks. Yesterday I got a huge rain drop hit directly in my ha speaker. I normally wear my hood up but sometimes it sends feedback through and I dislike that sound. But one of my ha is having a hard time now. My warranty is up on them which sucks but since the water has dried out it is getting better.

I am proud to be Deaf and I don't need to go through CI, pills, any devices that tried to get us to be hearing like them. All you have to do is to accept your deafness and not worry about those damn hearing people bugging you to get hearing devices or medicine like pills. This is all ridiculous that they are trying to make lots of money out of those stupid devices.

There are helicopter or lawnmower parents who are trying to get their deaf or hard of hearing child or children to be like them by having them get CI or any other ridiculous medicine or devices and getting them into mainstream schools without ASL interpreters. Parents need to learn how to accept them as they are in their disabilities like deafness.

It is also important that we need special needs to have devices to understand what is going on in the hearing world. We don't need to be cured at all, people.

Frankly...
Its a done deal.

our long eyes,
The eyes who love sign.
D
e
a
f.....

As the drill turns...

Its over.

Damn.....

Thats because hearing people dont want to put up with us.Too much work for them.

That sucks. Yesterday I got a huge rain drop hit directly in my ha speaker. I normally wear my hood up but sometimes it sends feedback through and I dislike that sound. But one of my ha is having a hard time now. My warranty is up on them which sucks but since the water has dried out it is getting better.

My HA would just stop working if got a drop of moisture in it and this has happen when my daughter and granddaughter was visiting me . My car was T boned by a teenage driver and I got hit on the right side of my forehead so hard it knocked me out cold . This some how mess my right ear is got wacked out joint and it's now hurt it wear to put an ear mold in my ear. An audi told me she heard of this happening to people that hit on their forehead and not being able to wear their HA anymore.

Back