If there were a cure for hearing loss would you take it

HOH2000

Reaction score
Let's say that doctors had invented a cure for hearing loss. :hmm: like a pill, once you swallow it, you'll have 100% normal hearing, no deafness anymore. Would you take it if it was such a thing?

As for me, I wouldn't take it. Yeah, being moderately-to-severely HOH in one ear and fully deaf in the other ear isn't easy. It's a struggle sometimes. But overall I like it. It's my life. So nope. :lol:#deafpower :deaf:

What about you guys? :D

I wouldn't know what to do with it.

I should probably be reserved for newborns so it would just seem natural to them.

No I wouldn't. I would feel out of place and lost in the hearing world. I like where I am at and would not change it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

No I wouldn't. I would feel out of place and lost in the hearing world. I like where I am at and would not change it

I been living in the hearing world my whole and would love to be able to more of a part of it .

I have been in the hearing world too and feel like such an outcast. I didn't discover the deaf world until I was about 14 years old. I felt lost until than. My parents and school kept telling me I was hearing and chose not to. Later when I was 16 I tested in the moderate to server area and at 18 I was diagnosed with capd. Until that point everyone tried convincing me I was hearing. So no I don't feel a need to re join them. My husband has learned asl, my friends know asl, and my babies are learning. I am happy with where I am at.

I have been in the hearing world too and feel like such an outcast. I didn't discover the deaf world until I was about 14 years old. I felt lost until than. My parents and school kept telling me I was hearing and chose not to. Later when I was 16 I tested in the moderate to server area and at 18 I was diagnosed with capd. Until that point everyone tried convincing me I was hearing. So no I don't feel a need to re join them. My husband has learned asl, my friends know asl, and my babies are learning. I am happy with where I am at.

It wasn't easy growing up in a hearing world but it's the only world I lived in . My family is hearing and I never had any deaf or hoh friends so I never place to use ASL . Every person is difference , I love to no longer need to wear a hearing aid .

Yes, I would take it. I want to hear music as it is intended.

Also would be nice not to have to struggle to listen.

I don't wear my ha in the hearing world lol, I should be but I don't

I don't know.

I don't think I would. Being deaf is all I know and how I hear (or not hear) is all I know from day 1.

I grew up in the "hearing world" but did move to the 'deaf world' in college. Right now it's more hearing world vs deaf world as I don't get out much right now so don't interact with people plus I hate doing video calls (oddly...) so don't call my deaf friends lol. On top of that I tend to be a huge introvert so don't do well with small talk or being in large groups or crowds... so.. I'm okay with who I am as a deaf person. I'd rather have a cure for all the vision crap I have.

In a heartbeat. I would love to be able to not have to wear hearing aids to hear things like birds singing, leaves rustling in the trees, rain, whispering, oven timers, the phone ringing, etc. My hearing aids help me so much, but if I never had to wear them again if I just took a pill (one that had no negative side effects), I think that would be wonderful. I think for many people who used to be able to hear normally (or hear better than they do now), it's like asking someone who's lost a limb or their eyesight whether they'd want to get it back again if they took a pill. Now, what would be even better is a pill that would cure tinnitus! If I had to choose between taking a pill that gave me perfect hearing and one what that took away my tinnitus, I'd choose the anti-tinnitus pill :) But yes, I'd definitely take a pill to get "normal" hearing. After all, if I didn't want to hear better, I wouldn't wear hearing aids in the first place.

In a heartbeat. I would love to be able to not have to wear hearing aids to hear things like birds singing, leaves rustling in the trees, rain, whispering, oven timers, the phone ringing, etc. My hearing aids help me so much, but if I never had to wear them again if I just took a pill (one that had no negative side effects), I think that would be wonderful. I think for many people who used to be able to hear normally (or hear better than they do now), it's like asking someone who's lost a limb or their eyesight whether they'd want to get it back again if they took a pill. Now, what would be even better is a pill that would cure tinnitus! If I had to choose between taking a pill that gave me perfect hearing and one what that took away my tinnitus, I'd choose the anti-tinnitus pill :) But yes, I'd definitely take a pill to get "normal" hearing. After all, if I didn't want to hear better, I wouldn't wear hearing aids in the first place.

I would love to be able to hear my granddaughter better so she would not have to talk so loud for me. I love hearing the sounds of nature too and know I am missing out a lot . That is so true what you said about wearing your hearing aid . I like that a lot ! :wave:

So your asking
If their was a cure for hearing, would i take it?
I, Deaf,
So
Im already cured...

Id have it no other way

Back