If a cashier gave you too much change would you be honest?

Honest or not?

• I'd go back and give the money back

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • I'd keep the money, their mistake isn't my problem

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Depends on which grocery!

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
Of course I care. I'm so sorry it had happened to you, and it shouldn't. :hug:

It happened to me twice, an ex boyfriend wipe out my banking account, and he never got caught but his girlfriend was caught, she was much a part of it, she knew what he was doing, and she agrees to use that money to buy two cellular phones under my name with my banking account routine number. My signature did not matched so the money was refund back in my banking account.

I had lost 1,000.00 in cash also at another time that money fell out of my pocket and someone decide to keep it for themselves. that money was to pay my bills with, I worked so hard for that money and I was stupid enough to carried it in my pocket instead of putting it in my purse. I screwed up, a lesson was learned, but it doesn't give anyone a right to decide to keep money that doesn't even belongs to them. I'm not even like that, It's somebody's money, somebody worked their buns off to earn that money. That money could go toward their bills, their children, their house mortgage etc. this is what I called those people who decide to keep the money are greedy people who only thinks of themselves.
U too, oh no I hate this. I am sorry u had to go thru this too. It is awful and hope tshe is in jail and rot. It goes same for this person who stole out of my bank, hope they caught them too. I would never do that to anyone if I find alot money and I will bring them to police station. I can not touch it cuz it is dirty if I use it. Satan will never win with me on this one. Yes honest and hard work earn belong to u and no one else. I am sorry. Big hugs from me. :)

U too, oh no I hate this. I am sorry u had to go thru this too. It is awful and hope tshe is in jail and rot. It goes same for this person who stole out of my bank, hope they caught them too. I would never do that to anyone if I find alot money and I will bring them to police station. I can not touch it cuz it is dirty if I use it. Satan will never win with me on this one. Yes honest and hard work earn belong to u and no one else. I am sorry. Big hugs from me. :)

Yep that's what I'll do too, take the money to the police station, most of the time the police says if nobody claims the money, then the person who found the money could keep it. I wouldn't have a problem with that. I don't think a drug dealer would go to the police department and say it's his money, the police would need proof how he got this much money, wouldn't they? I believe so. ;)

I hope the person who stole your 500.00 gets arrested, that person deserved to be arrested. ;)

Liebling:-)))[QUOTE said:
It was happened to me before. I found between €1 coins and €10 notes on the floor. Who should I give to? Nobody but keep it. *shrug*

Nobody answer my post on this.

Again, what do you with those €1 coins and €10 notes on the floor (I mean outside of public street/path?) What would you do with those small coins or notes? Would you return those small coins or notes to police? I don't because I bet the police would laugh at me... It would be different story if there're a lot of money and everything in the wallet... but just drop coins or notes on the path/street/floor (public)...?

Jazzy & Cheri, I am very sorry to hear about loss of $500 and $1,000. Your story got me goose bumps. I can image how I feel when I were in your shoes.

Nobody answer my post on this.

Again, what do you with those €1 coins and €10 notes on the floor (I mean outside of public street/path?) What would you do with those small coins or notes? Would you return those small coins or notes to police? I don't because I bet the police would laugh at me... It would be different story if there're a lot of money and everything in the wallet... but just drop coins or notes on the path/street/floor (public)...?

When I was little, we used to live in a burnt house, and I was playing softball outside near the house until the ball went into the ditch near the side of the road, I found a couple of dollar bills, laying in different spots, my sister and I went down there to collect them all, and kept it. I also found 10 dollar bill in the parking lot once, I kept that too.

No, Liebling:))) I don't think anyone cares about losing coins, I know I wouldn't care, I wouldn't care if I lost a dollar either. If it's a large amount of money, Yes I care. :)

If you find a coin, or a dollar bill on the ground, I wouldn't mind if you want to keep it, I don't think anyone would claim the lost of a coin or a dollar bill. :giggle:

Exactly what I want to get an answer from some of you... :D

I keep coins and small notes instead of go to police... I would blush myself to see police's odd impression and would think I am :crazy: when I handle coins or notes to them... No way, I keep it.. :lol:

About cashier's error change - I don't have any experience like that - that's why I don't vote it.

If I find money on the ground like small amounts such as coins and the occassional dollar bill, I put it in a jar, and when the jar is filled I go donate that money to church.

Of course I also have my seperate change cup - where its a coffee mug loaded with change from when I break a dollar bill. Its just good having some coins in my pocket in case I need something from the vending machines at work.

I will say excuse me..... I am give it back I wouldnt thought about keep it or being steal it. :)

I never forgot, I was hurry at the bank. The teller gave me $500 dollars more when I was at red light traffic to count my money. I was perplexed and re-count my money twice. I said, whoa wait a minute, I got over 500 dollars cash in my hands.

I have known that teller for years, I came back to her. She was surprised to seeing me show up at the bank with 500 cash over in my hands. She was big relived with honest person.

She learns sign language, thank you welcome, etc.. It makes me that I am special customer at the bank. ;)

Funny you mentioned this, Kalista. A teller at my bank forgot to give me the money I withdrew, although part of it was in a cashier's check. The next morning, her message was on my voicemail, something about her drawer being $250 over and I was the only one that had that amount for a withdrawal. She was embarrassed and I told her not to worry about it. Incidentally, she has cancer, so when I saw her when I returned to this area this summer after being gone for two years, she looked horrible. Another teller filled me in what happened to her. I don't ask her about it, but do occasionally ask her how she is. She is a very sweet teller and a mistake like this could have happened to anyone. I wasn't offended. I have even higher regard now for my bank!

If a clerk gave me to much money, I would let him/her know about it.

If I find the money on the ground, I'd keep it, no matter how big or small it is.

Afterall......finder's keeper's looser's weepers! :lol:

Back