Identity in the d/deaf hoh world

Grrr.
I am letting you guys know that I never made the last post. While I was cooking a late dinner a friend had access to this computer, with this page open and I was logged in. He admitted to it and thought it was "funny." I let him know how disgusted I was with it because it is insulting on so many levels and did he think so little of the deaf to mock them??? He was almost in tears by the time I tore him a new one.
My apologies for any hurt feelings caused by him.
Beowulf in all honesty i wasn't offended i chuckled i thought you were being sincere and trying to lighten the mood and ease the stress of my current situation. I do understand why and how if i hadn't been in the right head space i genuinely would have been offended. Also thanks for the apology and for setting your friend straight.

Grrr.
I am letting you guys know that I never made the last post. While I was cooking a late dinner a friend had access to this computer, with this page open and I was logged in. He admitted to it and thought it was "funny." I let him know how disgusted I was with it because it is insulting on so many levels and did he think so little of the deaf to mock them??? He was almost in tears by the time I tore him a new one.
My apologies for any hurt feelings caused by him.
Can you just delete the post?

yo, reverse slope hearing loss here. I may identify as both though ;)
also good luck getting used to a hearing aid too :D

Back