I took a day off today.

KY Guy

Reaction score
Did not wear my transmitter at all while doing work around the house and goodness gracious it has been nice. No buzzing in my head at all. Put it one an hour ago to do my Angel Sound training. Didn't take but ten mins for my head to start buzzing. Finished a training test and turned it off, buzzing went away. Waited ten more mins and started my next level training. 3 mins in, head started buzzing again, turned if off after training level again. Listen, this is not my imagination. I scored 20% higher than I ever had by turning it off and waiting for everything in my head to calm down before proceeding. I am taking a 20 min break right now with it turned off before I do an actual test. Has anyone experienced or heard of anything like this?

I forget, did you say which brand CI you have? Are you on that brand's forum or facebook group because I think you'll get more responses there than here.

It is a Cochlear Kanso and you are correct.....I need to sign up.on their forum. Thank you for reminding me. I don't do Facebook

Just curious since you mention buzzing. Do you have a t-coil program and could you possibly be in that program? T-coils can pick up interference for electrical sources that cause buzzing.

I don't think I have any programs yet....just 4 volume levels. All the programs and features are getting turned on on my third visit and will be meeting with a speech pathologist this time too.

It is a Cochlear Kanso and you are correct.....I need to sign up.on their forum. Thank you for reminding me. I don't do Facebook
I don't do Facebook either, and Cochlear doesn't have an active user forum anywhere but Facebook, unfortunately.

I don't think I have any programs yet....just 4 volume levels. All the programs and features are getting turned on on my third visit and will be meeting with a speech pathologist this time too.
Each of those "volume levels" is a different program. They are each different and in different positions in your processor. I would try to reach your audiologist and see what s/he says. It could be the t-coil like someone else mentioned.

Each of those "volume levels" is a different program. They are each different and in different positions in your processor. I would try to reach your audiologist and see what s/he says. It could be the t-coil like someone else mentioned.
If he just got activated, all the programs are probably the same with each one having a bit higher volume. That's how they start us off so we can adjust to this loud world a little at a time. (I get activated tomorrow)

If he just got activated, all the programs are probably the same with each one having a bit higher volume. That's how they start us off so we can adjust to this loud world a little at a time. (I get activated tomorrow)
I believe this is correct. Two more days til I get a new map and programs are introduced. Kinda nervous too. I am gonna have to be tactful, not my strong suit, and find out how many mappings my audi has actually done. It bugs me that an apprentice is actually the one doing the mapping while my audi is watching over her shoulder and providing direction. I know this is how it's done but it doesn't provide me with any comfort.

Last edited:
This is still a program. The MAP (regardless of the volume) is in a slot and therefore called a program. It may not have additional features or programs (such as SCAN or Hi Fidelity 120) active, but they are still programs.

This is still a program. The MAP (regardless of the volume) is in a slot and therefore called a program. It may not have additional features or programs (such as SCAN or Hi Fidelity 120) active, but they are still programs.
Did I say they were not programs? I said that all the programs are probably just set up for volume increases, not for T-coil, etc. I just got activated today and have just 3 programs for volume. I go back tomorrow to get more things done or just more volume. They want us to use the CI alone in the beginning without the assistive devices (which T-coil would be considered).

Did I say they were not programs? I said that all the programs are probably just set up for volume increases, not for T-coil, etc. I just got activated today and have just 3 programs for volume. I go back tomorrow to get more things done or just more volume. They want us to use the CI alone in the beginning without the assistive devices (which T-coil would be considered).
If the t-coil is active, it was probably an accident.

Back