I sent this email to T-Mobile today....

arent you guys going to wait for the color ones?? when is it coming out???

Originally posted by prostock19
I don't want to pay for 2 bills, carry a phone and a pager, etc etc etc.

HUH - you know the T-mobile is also a phone??? I am saying that t- mobile has bad PHONE connections. but if you are just using it for typing cool..........but if you plan to use the phone part.... it is up to you but I heard some bad things especially about the connections

My name is Matthew Mello. Alot of my Deaf friends are getting the impression that the T-Mobile Sidekick has unlimited data. I am curious, if you are going to make a Deaf Package for the numerous Deaf people that use your T-Mobile sidekick, consisting of high or unlimited data and no or limited free voice time. If you become more Deaf friendly, I think that more Deaf would use your product. I, as a hearing person, will be using your product as soon at my current contract ends with Verizon and I will have the ability to transfer my phone number, which I have had for MANY years, to your service.

Sincerely
Matthew Mello
Deaf Advocate

What does everyone think?

It is an excellent idea!! But I am concerned about one thing: once we use unlimited data on T mobile for one year, then we have 15MB a month plus $3.95 per message. I don't mind buying T mobile, but I am not sure if we, Deafies, can able to pay $3.95 per message after 15MB is running out each month.

Re: Re: I sent this email to T-Mobile today....

Originally posted by Oddball
It is an excellent idea!! But I am concerned about one thing: once we use unlimited data on T mobile for one year, then we have 15MB a month plus $3.95 per message. I don't mind buying T mobile, but I am not sure if we, Deafies, can able to pay $3.95 per message after 15MB is running out each month.

intresting thought, hey matt wanna answer that when u around :)

Re: Re: I sent this email to T-Mobile today....

It 3.95 per MB after that. That is why I am trying to get a "Deaf Package" No response yet.

how much is usually used for messaging per month? i have never used one for email. i was wondering abour how many messages that was per month.
-Jeff

Originally posted by NorcalNT
how much is usually used for messaging per month? i have never used one for email. i was wondering abour how many messages that was per month.
-Jeff

sidekick with T-Mobile include 100 SMS (short message send aka text message) send/receive, 300 minutes weekdays, unlimited minutes weekend & nights, roam bytes 15 MB for each month.

Originally posted by NorcalNT
-Jeff
I don't know. I don't have one. It all depends on how much internet and AIM you use.

One thing I dont like about the Sidekick is it doesn't have a strong vibrate mode. It is easy to miss a page.

great, sounds like great idea!! but i have wyndell and i got two years contract.. sucks eh? so i have to wait next year or sell my wyndtell to someone else who would take over my bills for a year and few months.. my boyfriend have sidekick, i use his pretty often. i ignore my OWN boyfriend.. ooops!

you rock, matt! and keep it up!

Originally posted by thanikeprincess
great, sounds like great idea!! but i have wyndell and i got two years contract.. sucks eh? so i have to wait next year or sell my wyndtell to someone else who would take over my bills for a year and few months.. my boyfriend have sidekick, i use his pretty often. i ignore my OWN boyfriend.. ooops!

Thanx Noella. And I love the Signature and the Avatar!!!!

Originally posted by thanikeprincess

wyndell? 2 yrs contract? :shock:

get cell phone or sidekick

Originally posted by illustrator
wyndell? 2 yrs contract? :shock:

get cell phone or sidekick
Phones are great for me except small message size and no keyboard. Even with rapidtext, i find it hard to type. I use to have no problems typing on my wynd. *RIP WYND - 08/02 on Superman*

My friend and I went to T mobile store today. I asked a salesperson about after one year contract, 15mb a month, then $3.95 per MB thereafter.

He said that these plans will be changing soon. But if you get another one year contract, you will get unlimited browsing (data) again (just join a new promotion). Is it true? :dunno:

The color sidekicks will come out on May 31st. Of course, sidekicks sold out as always.;)

My friend and I went to T mobile store today. I asked a salesperson about after one year contract, 15mb a month, then $3.95 per MB thereafter.

He said that these plans will be changing soon. But if you get another one year contract, you will get unlimited browsing (data) again (just join a new promotion). Is it true? :dunno:

The color sidekicks will come out on May 31st. Of course, sidekicks sold out as always.;)
IDK I hope all is true. I did post a few sites on the technology forum

Phones are great for me except small message size and no keyboard. Even with rapidtext, i find it hard to type. I use to have no problems typing on my wynd. *RIP WYND - 08/02 on Superman*

*bursting out laughing*

sorry, i thought the superman part was funny.

IDK I hope all is true. I did post a few sites on the technology forum
I hope it is true. Pray that T mobile is happy to provide permanent unlimited data to Deaf users and hearing users.:bowdown:

I'm sure that if they reduced the deals for those pager for deaf customers, they would sell more of those sidekicks as well!

Originally posted by VamPyroX
I'm sure that if they reduced the deals for those pager for deaf customers, they would sell more of those sidekicks as well!

Me, too. ;)

Back