I Need Smart Tv With Netflix Recommendations. Thank You!

justcurious

Reaction score
Hello! I am planning to buy Smart TV sometime soon. I am mainly interested to watch Netflix on Smart TV. I am not so sure which Smart TV I want to buy. I just want to make sure that I will not have any issues with my purchase. Do you have any recommendations on which Smart TV that I should buy? Thank you in advance for your helpful suggestions!

If you are Deaf and need Closed Captioning, I would invest in a good LED TV and use either Roku3 or Nexus Player to watch Netflix so in future you want to get a different TV you are not limited to having to find one with a good Closed Captioning in the Smart TV apps like Netflix.

We have Smart TV we purchased 5 years ago but Netflix never updated it with Closed Captioning on it so it a waste of apps on it.

We prefer Nexus Player now because it allows us to watch Netflix or check our security camera and let our kids play some fun games on it.

Samsung LED Smart TV... bought it last year and no complaints so far. Netflix works great as well as other uses (Amazon, Hulu).

I do not have smart TV so I purchased Apple TV product to work with my TV. It has many apps on it. I can change the font and size of CC on Apple TV. I also have Blu Ray player that has apps on it.

Bill, Yes I am deaf. After all, I posted this topic under deaf products. I really appreciate the suggestions so far. I am looking forward to get some more input. Thank you!

samsung-group-vector-logo-400x400.png

As of right now I am contractor doing business mainly with Deafies and as for myself and majority of Deaf customers of ours got Samsung LED TV.

I like them because of caption quality and I did test with different brands and did notice quality being poor with other brands including Vizio which I find sucks badly for example.

Really, brand of hdtvs don't matter much anymore. Many of the lesser known brand hdtvs are made by either Sony, LG and Samsung. Insignia for example uses last years panels Samsung or LG. I have insignia and have no issues with it. I got a 50 inch without smart tv feature. I use PS4 to stream video on it. I also have 32 inch insignia (it's 3 years old) connected to a Apple TV. Good thing is you can change to different streaming player if it breaks down or have problems.

I would stay awy from smart tvs. the manufacters will NOT update the software after a few years even if there is a glitch. They consider tvs to have 3-5 year lifespan which i think is BS. I have a sony smart tv and love it but now the features and new apps have changed and i cant get them on my tv anymore so if went out a bought cheap dvd player or something simalar I can watch it on my tv using hdmi port. My advice. forget smart tv, go with something that you can update with or throwaway and get new for better features. afterall tvs are like cars -- they will last 10 years or so if taken care of. right now i have chrome tv thta i plug in that my kids love and i watch amazon prime that has really good ma-tv shows that makes sense . i use my laptop or tv to watch.

Back