I Met A Deaf Woman Through Date Service.

Drophammer77

Reaction score
I'm 39yrs old Male. I met a woman through Online Date sight. I am familiar with deaf community as my Grandmother has been an interpreter for over 40 years. We have hit it off & are planning to meet in the next week. She is everything I'm looking inwardly that another person has to offer. When she told me she was deaf I didn't think anything of it. I was like .. Okay, thanks for telling me, by the way how is your day going? I don't know if she thought I was going to run for the hills, but I'm not a douche. Besides having a considerable amount of patience, Very easy going. (More than the average Joe) It would be greatly appreciated if I could get some feedback so I don't accidentally offend her when we meet & anytime afterwards. She said she was born deaf, has a 9year old boy. I have a 8 yr old boy also. She teaches a class on weekend's lip reading. She told me not to be scared that she communicated very well through many forms & this is the least of my concern. I just don't want to offend her in anyway. Like I said we haven't met yet but been messaging all the time. I fell in love with who she is before she sent me a picture so I know myself this isn't some fling. So I'm open to all feedback. Good, Bad. Pros & Cons for relationship. I would love especially to have deaf woman respond to this as the person I'm Very interested is a deaf Woman. But, all feedback is Greatly Appreciated ... Basically yearning for help in this. I have no issue learning sign language. I know this probably sounds stupid but I know the alphabet, very well. I bought a few beginner sign language books. I know this takes time to learn so most important, I want to be presentable to her. Want her to See that I care about her without her Thinking or worse noticing that I'm doing something stupid & she takes me to be demeaning when it's Not my intentions. Again, thank you very much. I'm filled with anxiety lately & trying to calm my nerves.

Last edited:
Your post actually made me smile, OP :)

It's very cute that you're making an effort for her. It's nice to see.

I'm deaf and I've been with my girlfriend for 5 years now.

I'd say, just relax, take a breath. You don't need to immediately know everything and dive right in. Take it slow and maybe even learn enough to be able to compliment her once in a while. I'm sure she'd love that you've actually learned some signs for her.

Most importantly, have fun! :mrgreen:

Your post actually made me smile, OP :)

It's very cute that you're making an effort for her. It's nice to see.

I'm deaf and I've been with my girlfriend for 5 years now.

I'd say, just relax, take a breath. You don't need to immediately know everything and dive right in. Take it slow and maybe even learn enough to be able to compliment her once in a while. I'm sure she'd love that you've actually learned some signs for her.

Most importantly, have fun! :mrgreen:

Thank you very much for your reply. I know I must seem Corny but having only been able to message to each other we have built a foundation of Friendship of who she & I are inwardly instead of physical attraction. I don't want to screw things up. What I would like to know are their actions that a hearing person doesn't ever take in consideration that will irritate a deaf person. I'm very attentive giving so my eyes are always focused on my priorities, being they will be focused on Her. Like I mentioned (maybe not) she teaches a lip reading class so I automatically assume to always face her so she can see my lips... But I probably going to be smiling too much... Is their any actions & behaviors that a hearing person does thats always irritating? Again Thank you

Well I found out (The hard way) You sometimes have to remind yourself to be so careful. The deaf woman, if she is indeed a She & not a He ended up being a Scammer. Pretending to be trapped in a different place needing $ to get home. I alerted the dating site who they were. Thank you again for your help though. All was appreciated.

At the dating site... you roll the dice and take the risks. There's a lot of fake profiles and scammers trying to make money out of strangers.. it's all too common now.

Bummer the person turned out to be a scam. I am sure nearly everyone that has done online dating had encountered that at some point.

For example...The entry from Love_Life21 above is spam. Joined today and the exact same entry exists in about 10 different threads.

You can meet real people online though. I am Deaf and met my hearing wife online.

funny..
well at least you didnt find out the hard way..which ever suits your fancy...
crotch check and all that..

Crotch check? That's a way to put it. Too Funny. Ya, It's not about the $ anyways. If insured Banks will usually cover you up to s certain amount. It's just ... Like Big Worn said in the Movie Friday "Stop playing with my Mother F***ng Emotions!" I'm very new in the Online Dating Scene, so after a manipulating narcissist ex & this Scammer I have to figure out how not to get played & not wanting to be a Douche. Which shows why their so many Douches. Hah Hah! Still, I appreciated the quickly received help when I needed it. So thank you.

Bummer the person turned out to be a scam. I am sure nearly everyone that has done online dating had encountered that at some point.

For example...The entry from Love_Life21 above is spam. Joined today and the exact same entry exists in about 10 different threads.

You can meet real people online though. I am Deaf and met my hearing wife online.
You mean their a scam also? (sarcastic laugh Hah!) How can you figure all that out besides checking up on their Uncle's cell phone number who trying to reach you for $ for either her to get home or Son for his ulcer medicine. Just can't remember which Day. Gut instinct finally kicks in when they go from "Your such a good man .. to treating you like crap all of a sudden because they can't depend on you sending another $500 week later. Hah!.. Finding out a cell # is out in Madison for local Call Grls?... .... grrrr

Back