I loved you.

lilredridinhood

Reaction score
as I drive down the highway, the wind blowing in my hair, I will myself not to look behind. ahead is a new life, filled with promises of happier times. darkness looms and one by one the cars disappear. I am left alone on the highway with nary a soul in sight. there's not another town for 16 miles. it is time. taking a deep breath, I speed up. memories of us flood my mind, the happy times that we shared. my heart and my desire are 71 miles behind me.. in your hands. aganist my will, a solitary tear makes it way down my face. I promised myself I wouldn't shed a tear for you. reaching 100 mph, I say a little prayer for right and utter those 3 words for the last time.. "I loved you." closing my eyes, both hands on the wheel, my foot firmly on the gas pedal, I swerve into the concrete wall. total darkness takes over, and I take my last breath. peace washes over me.. finally.

btw-i typed this on a sk a while ago so there's bound to be some mistakes ;)

You have the ability to write and it's good...now, about the 'concrete wall'...in my own opinion, changing that to a 'rose bush garden'...thrashing wildly about in pain and misery, yet darkness only prevails momentarily for at the end of the rose bush garden, hope and a new day prevails and lingers for those willingly to let those 71 miles stay behind forever and face new adventures albeit no matter how painful love once was...for in the heart, there's room for healing and more love-- Yes, you can consider me the kind of person that leans towards being hopeful rather allowing it to 'end' abruptly without giving in to hope....

Such as it is sadly so with more and more younger people heading for the 'concrete wall'...when there is ALWAYS a chance for 'hope'! I'm not downplaying or criticizing your piece of work here, more of pointing out that such writings can or could work their way into the minds of youngsters and they'll dwell on it and be drawn into possibility of carrying it out, blocking out any hopes since none was given or considered. Hopefully you can see my point here, but anyhow, honestly, you do possess good writing qualities and you're to be commended on that! :thumb:

Back