"I love you"/"I luv ya"

Is there a difference in meaning between "I love you" and "I luv ya"?

• Yes

Votes: 55 53.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 20 19.6%

• Total voters
xdeath12 said:
There is 2 meanings, one is just for friends like ily-luv ya babes- its all naturally. If its between both couples it may mean something, love can be a big deal or sometime it'll b like "so what?" well tell us waht do you think love means to you. t'care

Love means love someone who might get shot or run over by a car!

*sniff* love is such a beauiful word!

I LOVE YOU EVERYBODY!

pinkster said:
I think they are different, love is more intimate, luv is more casual. I luv my bike but I love my mom :)
i agree with this guest....love is more meanful and luv is love ya like a friend. alotta girls say that to me...but like my girlfriend for a couple of month she would say Luv and then when it comes to part where it get REALLY serious luv changed into Love.

Ghost is my ALL TIME FAVORITE movie!! *Sings the song from Ghost when they make love* "Oooooooooooh my love, my darlin'. I have hungered for your love"

Aynways, I agree with the others. luv means love you like a friend. then LOVE means the real thing. :)

pinkster said:
I think they are different, love is more intimate, luv is more casual. I luv my bike but I love my mom :)
I agree with the clarification. :beer:

Malfoyish said:
Just wondering - do you think there's a difference in meaning when somone says "I love you," as opposed to "I luv ya?"

Explain your reasons here - and thanks!

Malfoyish

Hey! that is exactly what I was trying to say earlier about vote deaf culture issues...

mind if you could PMs me and show me how to set up the poll?? how do you do that? :D thanks!

coloravalanche said:
Hey! that is exactly what I was trying to say earlier about vote deaf culture issues...

mind if you could PMs me and show me how to set up the poll?? how do you do that? :D thanks!

Sure. :)

Yes, because southern people say those lazy words while northeast people say "I love you" straightly. LOL

Expedix said:
Yes, because southern people say those lazy words while northeast people say "I love you" straightly. LOL
I was born and raised a Northeast Yankee, and l have lived in the Southeast now for over 30 years. I heard Yankees say a quick clipped "hey, Iluvya" but I never heard a real Southerner say "I luv ya". Southeners say, "Ahhh luuuv yooo, hunnney."

Hi Mayfolish, "I LOVE YOU" is more expression and feeling deep inside who you love the most in the whole universe. "I LUV YA" could be based on judgement or nonverbal message...it could be friends/best friends...sometimes it could be partner. Depend on passion people prefer.
~T~

TRugby8 said:
Hi Mayfolish, "I LOVE YOU" is more expression and feeling deep inside who you love the most in the whole universe. "I LUV YA" could be based on judgement or nonverbal message...it could be friends/best friends...sometimes it could be partner. Depend on passion people prefer.
~T~

Thought so, too. :) Thanks for your input!

LOVE ver. LUV

To me there is a love someone you are speaking from the heart.normaly you are looking them in the eyes when you say it and they can tell that you mean it. To say LUV YA! is just like saying any other greeting but to a special friend and is most often said quickly.

:cuddle:

"Luv" is something more casual for men to say. Usually, if a guy says "I luv ya" or "me too" when a woman says, "I love you" there might be second thoughts in his mind.

I admit I've said "luv" instead of "love" before when I was in high school. It's wishy washy, yes, and I think an emotionally mature man will recognize and communicate whether or not he has "love" or if he's still uncertain.

Endymion said:
"Luv" is something more casual for men to say. Usually, if a guy says "I luv ya" or "me too" when a woman says, "I love you" there might be second thoughts in his mind.

I admit I've said "luv" instead of "love" before when I was in high school. It's wishy washy, yes, and I think an emotionally mature man will recognize and communicate whether or not he has "love" or if he's still uncertain.

*off-topic*

Excuse me, if you don't mind me askin' ... how old are you ? You sound more intelligent man to me.

CyberRed said:
*off-topic*

Excuse me, if you don't mind me askin' ... how old are you ? You sound more intelligent man to me.

*smiles* Thanks! I'm 24. What about you?

I think love and luv is the same thing. It's just a way of saying things, in my opinion. :)

Endymion said:
*smiles* Thanks! I'm 24. What about you?

You are very much welcome. What to know the truth ? Sure, I will tell you. I am older enough to be your momma. :lol: Way, way older. ;)

You remind me of my son. My son is goin' to be 21 this summer. :D

Back