I like being single

I know several people who are satisfied with their single lives, and, as far as I know, are thriving individuals.

For myself, I'm very happily married to TCS. :)

When I was younger, my goal in life was not to be married and have a family--it just happened.

Can relate....my goal was to "carry that black briefcase" to Washington....:giggle:...didn't happen tho'...However, I'm satisfied with my Life's choices, very few regrets....Just don't sit back and mull over "what could have happened IF"....I'm a strong and independent woman...would have it no other way.

Derek life don't begin and end with getting hitched up,there a world beyond bikes and definatly beyond America(sometimes Americans need reminding of)grab hold of life not regrets travelling etc(I use that as example)you young man and life got some riches which you got to find they wont come to you..anyhow cute ferrets in uk

1798688_703764009657760_1268215836_n.jpg

I was single for six years, and I loved it. Now, I'm in a relationship, and it took me long time to actually accept it, but I couldn't let her go. Sometimes I admit I miss the single-life. Maybe I'm weird, but...

That sound a rather controlling to me "I couldn't let her go " .

Single doesn't mean you are not dating people. Alone means you're not dating people. There is a difference. I know people who are very happy being single and still have romantic relationships. I also know people who are alone and are OK with that as well.

I think most people have a hard time with it because they are taught(or brainwashed) to think that being with someone means happiness. It certainly is great, but it's also not for everyone.

After my husband passed away 2 years ago, I miss him so much not being there with him. Now I am single again as I used to be single like about 10 years before I married to him.

Being single is not bad because you can go to the Deaf communities to be friends with them, even going to the bars or bowling alleys or open captioned movies. We have fun at camping or skiing with Deaf members. We would have meeting like National Association of the Deaf to discuss about Deaf rights.

I was never thought about getting married right away. I just take my time to enjoy their companies. Of course, there are times when a Deaf person can be lonely, but I have internet websites and finding friends here in Santa Fe.

Beside being single mean that you are free to choose what you want to do out of life. No man don't have to control over your life just because you are woman or girl. Remember we get discriminate because of our gender. That is the problem. There were no equality between the couple when a man demand for her to do things his ways only. That is not healthy unless a man can show his compassion and love with respect to a woman in a relationship, then the couple will be happy. I don't know if that will work great or not.

So being single is not that bad at all. Enjoy your life as long as you are happy. :)

Been both ways...single and married...then divorced....Seriously, I like being Single. Could be that it's I'm so very independent and any Drama really irks me to the core....Plus, I like my "alone" time too. Feel living and being alone does build character somewhat.

I am enjoying being single. I have my baby to take care of. I wouldn't get rid of her bec he doesn't like her:D

That sound a rather controlling to me "I couldn't let her go " .

I didn't meant it that way. It's a long history between us, and she's tried to get me before, but I wasn't ready because of a lot of happenings in my life back then. But now I felt ready, so I decided to give it a try. And it's the best decision I've made. :)

Now you do! (Although not personally) There are some of us who are fine being extroverted to everybody, maybe I'm missing something... only time will tell and hit me with a reality check! :lol:

Thank you! I am with Jess on this one. I am perfectly happy being single. I am open to the possibility of meeting someone who I could be happy with and everything... but I'm not out actively seeking to dive into a relationship. I am definitely happy and content with myself and happy being single! :D :thumb:

If I met someone who said they liked being single. I would ask them "why are they allowing themselves to be met?"

I'm 28 years old and haven't been in a relationship in 5 years and honestly, I absolutely love it. I hate it when people say "oh, she's just saying that" or "she's putting up a front, she actually really wants a boyfriend/girlfirend". Nope. I didn't date in high school because everyone was really immature and in college I dated (you can still be single and dating) a little bit but only had a boyfriend my senior year. I learned how to be independent and not depend on a guy/girl to make me feel better about myself. I love my singlehood, I get a bed all to myself and the only twentysomething-emotional-BS I have to deal with is mine. Maybe in a year or so I'll consider seriously a relationship again, but I'm glad I spent my 20s the way I did

How many time have you met a guy or gal who told you that they like being single? Does this make you go away? You know, get frustrated as you're looking for a relationship and they tell you they like being single. Do you continue on and hope that you can convince them that you're different from other people that made them happy to be single? Did your current or former Single Other at one point claim that they were happy being single?

I'm single, since 2001 enjoying life single. not dating anyone and no drama in my life. I like it.

Back