I just enrolled in..

chris' mom

Reaction score
Sign 1. Classes start Monday APril 6th. I'm so excited..bad thing is I have to drive an hour and 1/2 on way. But the lady I meet with every week is the one teaching it so it makes it worth it..WIsh me luck..I'm so excited

Good luck, chris mom! Is teacher Deaf or hearing? I remember when I took my first class, I was excited; I will say I enjoyed learning from Deaf people in the informal environment of a job I at one time had, more so than the actual class I took at a different time.

It's a hearing teacher but she terps for kids in school..I don't know anyone locally to "hang" out with so it's a start..THanks

Good luck on your journey to learning a new language!

That's wonderful, Chris' Mom!

I wish you the best on learning a new language. It will definitely be an eye-opener for you in a lot of good ways. :)

Good Luck!

Cool! I can understand your excitment :D And so good you already know the person who is teaching the class... makes it a tad bit easier on your nerves ;)

Just curious: Are you also taking Chris with you or is he already learning ASL in school?

JamieLynn

Good luck to you. You are about to embark on an amazing journey.

Good luck to you. You are about to embark on an amazing journey

Journey. Not adventure, journey. It is the word I was looking for a while back. You always come back from your adventures and go back home, but a journey can last a life time.

Thank you, jillio.

Journey. Not adventure, journey. It is the word I was looking for a while back. You always come back from your adventures and go back home, but a journey can last a life time.

Thank you, jillio.

You are quite welcome.:wave:

Cool! I can understand your excitment :D And so good you already know the person who is teaching the class... makes it a tad bit easier on your nerves ;)

Just curious: Are you also taking Chris with you or is he already learning ASL in school?

JamieLynn

I won't be taken him with me. I will teach him what I learn when I get home (actually the next day since class isn't over till 9pm) plus when he attends the Deaf ed class in August they'll teach him too.

Hope your asl teacher has a sense of humor. ASL is a lot more fun to learn, and to use, than English -- You can have a lot of fun if the teacher isn't a serious sort.

plus when he attends the Deaf ed class in August they'll teach him too.
He IS going to the Deaf Ed class? WOOHOO!!!!!! Did you guys join ASDC yet? You really should!

He IS going to the Deaf Ed class? WOOHOO!!!!!! Did you guys join ASDC yet? You really should!

No we haven't yet..

THe deaf ed teacher wants me to bring Chris by for a play date one day...I think that'll be awsome to do..just gotta find time in our schedules

I won't be taken him with me. I will teach him what I learn when I get home (actually the next day since class isn't over till 9pm) plus when he attends the Deaf ed class in August they'll teach him too.

Cool... Thanks for answering my question :wave:

Jamie

I totally understand what you mean... In another thread I said that I also would love to learn sign language but it takes 1.5 hour to get there and 1.5 hour to come back home. Right now it's something I can't handle especially since I will be moving out of the country at the end of March for 6 months :(

After that, I'll hopefully get pregnant and then I have some time during pregnancy :D

So your classes are much closer than mine :giggle: In the meantime I keep myself busy with some regular words I can learn online!

Jamie

I totally understand what you mean... In another thread I said that I also would love to learn sign language but it takes 1.5 hour to get there and 1.5 hour to come back home. Right now it's something I can't handle especially since I will be moving out of the country at the end of March for 6 months :(

After that, I'll hopefully get pregnant and then I have some time during pregnancy :D

So your classes are much closer than mine :giggle: In the meantime I keep myself busy with some regular words I can learn online!

Jamie

if you want I have made copies of flash cards Julie (my parent advisor and she's teaching ASL) made for us, I can scan them and e-mail them to you. Just PM me

Back