I hear dead people

demosure

Reaction score
Dear Nice forum readers,

I guess the proper Title to this thread would be "I heard dead people" because my hearing aid is in the shop. I am posting a new thread because I noticed a thread called "I hear the sun." When I first got my BP100 BAHA hearing aid, I thought I was imagining it. I really did. I am a musician, and I carry around a digital voice recorder with me often in case I get inspired. So I pressed the "record" button when I thought I was hearing something impossible through my BAHA sound processor. Guess what? It's not my imagination.

What I hear is real-time Electronic Voice Phenomena, or EVP. There are a multitude of different theories regarding exactly what this is, but it is verbal human speech audible only on recordings(and BP100s apparently). I now have many what is known in the paranormal community as "class A" EVP recordings. Here is a link to one of them:

http://www.urbansurvival.com/LoveYou.WMA

It is a fact that the Cochlear BP100 is very sensitive to electromagnetic interference. It is in the manual. Rapidly fluctuating electromagnetic fields measured by a "Trifield" or "Gauss" meter are indicative of paranormal activity. The fascinating thing is, when my hearing aid malfunctions, it makes a Trifield meter go berserk. Here is a 47 second film I made about it:

Perhaps my BP100 is possessed. Ghost in the machine type thing..

I am not crazy, delusional, schizo, or have any sort of mental illness. I majored in Biology and Chemistry at the University of New Orleans, and am trained in the scientific method. My Trifield meter and my digital voice recorder always validate what I'm hearing with the BP100.

Anybody else have stuff like this happen?

I believe so. This is for real. It can happens to anyone's experiences. :)

Last edited:
No I haven't heard anything from the dead with Advanced bionics Implant. Is this something new? There is NO mention of this in their instruction booklet.

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug./07

No I haven't heard anything from the dead with my Advanced Bionics- Cochlear Implant. Is this something new? There is NO mention of this in A B 's instruction booklet.

Last edited:
I don't hear dead people or the sun. I just hear buzzing sound now and then, from broken microwave and sometimes security airport screening (it depends)

No joke. This is for real. I'm not even sure if it is dead people. Electronic Voice Phenomenon (EVP) has many theories explaining why electronic devices pick up what sounds like human speech. One of those electronic devices seems to be my hearing aid.

It is Halloween (Samhain) time and I thought it would be interesting to see if anybody else had similar experiences with their hearing devices. Or with any "paranormal" phenomena. Ghost Stories are fun!

No I haven't heard anything from the dead with Advanced bionics Implant. Is this something new? There is NO mention of this in their instruction booklet.

She's talking about a BAHA not at CI.

I am interested in hearing about any "out of the ordinary" experiences with all types of electronic hearing aids -CI too. I'm friends with a Cochlear implant recipient who as a result of the CI considers himself "electrosensitive." It seems that the nature of CI would be more susceptible to EMF interference. Anyone with a hearing aid or CI ever been on a ghost hunt type investigation?

I am interested in hearing about any "out of the ordinary" experiences with all types of electronic hearing aids -CI too. I'm friends with a Cochlear implant recipient who as a result of the CI considers himself "electrosensitive." It seems that the nature of CI would be more susceptible to EMF interference. Anyone with a hearing aid or CI ever been on a ghost hunt type investigation?

I haven't been on ghost hunt type investigation, but Im game and have some understanding and education on topic of EVP. It would kinda be neato and trip me out if I could have a unique experience like that. Most ghost/paranormal doesnt phase me with fears as I have my own personal/scientific/theological ideals regarding the topic and applications. I am not interested in running into isolated paranormal experiences, but things significant to specific historical geographical locations and their relation to specific time demention/occurrance. I hope that wasn't an explanation that was clear as mud. :D

No joke. This is for real. I'm not even sure if it is dead people. Electronic Voice Phenomenon (EVP) has many theories explaining why electronic devices pick up what sounds like human speech. One of those electronic devices seems to be my hearing aid.

It is Halloween (Samhain) time and I thought it would be interesting to see if anybody else had similar experiences with their hearing devices. Or with any "paranormal" phenomena. Ghost Stories are fun!

I will send you a pm

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epix (i907))

Not surprised about that. Any electronics could have inference with electronic magnetic field or some kind of asbent sound waves.

Thanks for reposting my movie to the paranormal forum! That is a really good idea. No other strange ghost type stories? Well, I used to live in New Orleans. This was before I got my BAHA, which I've only had 7 months now. I lived in the lower garden district, and I rode my bike everywhere. I was bicycling to the library on St. Charles Avenue uptown. And, I heard, in my DEAF side only, an old black man talking to me. I stopped. Got off my bike, and he started talking again. I could hear him better than in my "good" ear but I could only hear him in my deaf ear! I knew it was impossible, but it was actually happening! I figured that he must be a ghost. I was not scared at all, I was intrigued. He was speaking English, but the regional dialect accent was so thick I could not understand him at all. He seemed to know I could hear him, and he seemed glad about it. He was very kind. Despite my lack of understanding anything he was saying, it was the first time in my life I heard anything in my deaf ear and I liked it. It is strange to hear a crystal clear voice all of a sudden when you are used to a near complete vacuum of silence. I turned and listened and then got back on my bicycle to go to the library. I convinced myself that it was my imagination. This happened in about 2002.

Thanks for reposting my movie to the paranormal forum! That is a really good idea. No other strange ghost type stories? Well, I used to live in New Orleans. This was before I got my BAHA, which I've only had 7 months now. I lived in the lower garden district, and I rode my bike everywhere. I was bicycling to the library on St. Charles Avenue uptown. And, I heard, in my DEAF side only, an old black man talking to me. I stopped. Got off my bike, and he started talking again. I could hear him better than in my "good" ear but I could only hear him in my deaf ear! I knew it was impossible, but it was actually happening! I figured that he must be a ghost. I was not scared at all, I was intrigued. He was speaking English, but the regional dialect accent was so thick I could not understand him at all. He seemed to know I could hear him, and he seemed glad about it. He was very kind. Despite my lack of understanding anything he was saying, it was the first time in my life I heard anything in my deaf ear and I liked it. It is strange to hear a crystal clear voice all of a sudden when you are used to a near complete vacuum of silence. I turned and listened and then got back on my bicycle to go to the library. I convinced myself that it was my imagination. This happened in about 2002.

Is it ok with you to post the link where your thread is? I am not sure I can PM you.

P.S. I believe you.

Gosh, I love those New Orleans spirit stories...I am so fascinated by that kind of thing.

I wish I could help but cant say never. Maybe what you are hearing is what you think are hearing.

Gosh, I love those New Orleans spirit stories...I am so fascinated by that kind of thing.

I wish I could help but cant say never. Maybe what you are hearing is what you think are hearing.

She posted her EVP recording .... the voice is clearly saying "I love you".

There was a movie that came out a few years ago about EVP:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375210/

someone in the comments on that website placed the following quote:
"Nobody knows whether our personalities pass on to another existence or
sphere, but if we can evolve an instrument so delicate to be manipulated by
our personality as it survives in the next life such an instrument ought to
record something..." Thomas Edison 1928

Steinhauer and everybody reading,

It is totally okay to post this thread and video and the evp links on other sites.

Back