I have no idea what's happening to me!

Newandconfused

Reaction score
recently, my step mum told that she thinks I'm going hard of hearing or something, well I have noticed that when poeple stand a way back or turn their backs on me when talking I can't understand them and when there is a lot of noise, but overall I thought my hearing was fine!

Basically they were talking about my little step cusion who is 3 and still isn't talking in complete sentences because they were going on about her not hearing them from across the room, I mentioned about people turning their backs on me and she mentioned about me, telling me to go to doctors for a hearing test!

I have to admit things have been getting a little quieter than usual but I thought I was just catching a cold or something, but I've never got this cold, just for a few days, I thought my left ear felt clogged! I feels normal again. I'm mishearing things and my family and friends are getting annoyed with me for it and I feel like crap because they think I'm not listening! There has been a few moments when I thought they said something but when I put things into context they said something else.

I'm scared it's going to get worse since before it was just background noise that effected me, but nowadays sometimes I'm mishearing poeple with little or no background noise as such! I'm scared I'm going to be completly deaf as i love music. I'm also funny about hearing aids as the hearing test and aid adverts are all for old people! I don't want to be old, I'm only 19! It's going to effect me getting a boyfriend! My current boyfriend is ghosting me all because I can't hear him properly on Skype! He's getting quite impateirnt with me!

But I feel there is nothing wrong with me, I did an online test on my hearing and my higher frequencies are quite good, but for some reason the points on the chart looked jagged! I'm not sure how it got like that, the chart seems to have put it points in the numbers around 35-50 on the side of the chart. (Sorry if that made no sense, I'll screen shot it if you want!)

Back