I have a question

My sign name actually was a suggestion from someone here on AD years ago. When I went to my local Deaf club and they asked if I had one, I mentioned it to them. they said it fits well and I get to keep it.

Just sign "shy" with a "K" and there I am!

I've been deaf for about 5yrs. And I still haven't learned anything about deaf culture. And I still haven't gotten a sign name! Only thing I got was "Light" because they say I was really bright.:shock:

Stupid joke: Why did the teachers wear sunglasses?! Because the students were so bright!:giggle:

I've been deaf for about 5yrs. And I still haven't learned anything about deaf culture. And I still haven't gotten a sign name! Only thing I got was "Light" because they say I was really bright.:shock:

Stupid joke: Why did the teachers wear sunglasses?! Because the students were so bright!:giggle:

And according to your profile you are 10 years old? You are making me nervous.

The way that it is coming across to me, (keep in mind I still consider myself new to this so don't burn me up to much :) is that a member of the deaf community has to give the name sign? Yes? Obviously I am mommy and daddy is such which he actually refers to the car as mommy but whatever we are getting there, But his teachers are the ones who taught him to use these particuliar signs for his siblings. Is this him giving them the signs or the teachers?

Mummy being car make sense. Mummy taxi driver to kids. :giggle:

Only sign names I know were like hearie nickname. Big beer belly. Little beer belly. Toke for guy smoke lots of marijuana. Guy who like drinking scotch sign name equal scotch even though name Tim.

Back