I hate my hearing aids!!

kokonut

Reaction score
Ok. The whole "I hate my hearing aids" when I was little thing was interesting. Now, how many of you actually threw your hearing aid(s) outside of the car window while it was in motion? How many flushed it away in a toilet? Or threw it in a lake? Stomped on it? C'mon, don't be shy. Spill your guts here. Me? I never harmed my hearing aids from my body hearing aid to the BTE. I cherished them. And you? Put 'em hear...er, here.

After I got a pair years ago, my wife and I had a spat as I was still getting used to them and all, I couldn't always hear her because of surrounding noise in the car. I got so pissed I told her Id rather not hear at all if its going to be an argument every damn time, at that moment I pulled off my BTE and threw them at the windshield with force ( hoping to shatter the windshield as well) but all it did was shatter the BTE....
I got replacements after that, they were already outdated at the time.

I didn't wear my hearing aids during my childhood. HAs did hurt my ears, sometimes. Aha. So, until currently, I wear 'em sometimes whenever I listen to music, movies, or video games.

never hated my hearing aids. but I did like playing "games" with my parents. I used to take my hearing aids off while they were still turned on, and hide them. my parents went nuts trying to find the hearing aids to shut off the squealing lol

Oh..phffftt.... I threw my hearing aids in the toilet when I was about 10 or 11 years old. My mom screamed and grabbed the HA out of the toilet. Then after I got home from school...I noticed the oven was on and I took a peek to see what we are having for dinner...mmm.... hearing aids...
"Mom!! Are we having hearing aids for dinner????"

feel like ya gots mice crawling into your ears????? lol......too expensive to throw away or destroy....I respect things of value like that. like deafgirl1234 says donating would be the way...but yeah I can see getting exasperated once in a while. I need mine for work sometimes. But sweat in summer and not going to pay for moisture shorting them out.

ha ha never thought of intentionally leaving the squealing aid hidden somewheres...gotta remmy that one.

When I wore the body HA I tried to take it apart to see ho wit worked. I saw my dad always taking his watch apart so I thought it would OK to do it too. My older stopped me and it a good thing as dad might had taken me apart!

LOL as I was in my 1st and 2nd year of high school, I always hated my 2nd hearing aid since it doesn't have a volume switch like my current hearing aid does (eh what the hell, it's not cutting due to my loss I have from the following year to now LOL!!!)

lmao! This made me laugh, because I threw mine out the car window one day because I was getting frustrated about all the air whirring and not being able to hear... Yup, right out the window... Then I felt bad for littering... so I went back... couldn't find the POS... so I picked up a bottle and a can as an "apology" for littering... lol! I always wonder what those people on road cleanup crews find on the side of the road... You know they found it and were like WTF?! =P

Been there, done that...except I didn't throw it out the window... lol

lmao! This made me laugh, because I threw mine out the car window one day because I was getting frustrated about all the air whirring and not being able to hear... Yup, right out the window... Then I felt bad for littering... so I went back... couldn't find the POS... so I picked up a bottle and a can as an "apology" for littering... lol! I always wonder what those people on road cleanup crews find on the side of the road... You know they found it and were like WTF?! =P

I liked my hearing aids, I wore them a lot. But I did have those moments where I took them out of my ears, but my parents had those attachable strings to the hearing aids so I wouldn't lose them. I did remember hating them during school because I didn't like to be "different". I totally regret not wearing them in Grade 7-9... Once I finally did put them back in, it made a huge difference! I could finally hear better/properly without straining my ears and getting tired and headaches.
I love my hearing aids :)

Back