I hate advanced bionics

As a customer of Advanced Bionics- I got a letter advising 1 year insurance on the external processor is $499. US for one year. One can pay monthly $45.75 US. I have a Harmony model.
aside: I just crossed over 6 years since implantation.

drphil, you mean you pay 45.75 for monthly plan for insurance on cochlear implant devices? so what should I ask them?

The letter is an offer. It says "stay connected & protected with a AB service aggreement It is for a PROCESSOR-external. only. To date I haven't responded. I will discuss the matter with the audi at Sunnybrook Cochlear Implant section this Friday.

What did your letter offer?

Last edited:
As a customer of Advanced Bionics- I got a letter advising 1 year insurance on the external processor is $499. US for one year. One can pay monthly $45.75 US. I have a Harmony model.
aside: I just crossed over 6 years since implantation.

So I can get insurance plan cover? :ty:

I'm curious is more information for me if. I can have purchase an insurance plan cover for my devices so what will it do?

So I can get insurance plan cover? :ty:

DrPhil is in canada NOT the US so things could be different. Also he hasn't been implanted as long as you either so I'm not sure if you may have gotten a letter a LONG time ago and maybe the offer doesn't stand anymore for batteries etc. Can you not try and go through a 3rd party company for the battery?

there really isn't a 3rd party company for the batteries though. basically one can only order extras for their AB devices (unless it's the regular AAA batteries for the Neptune, that can be bought anywhere) from AB (either through their audie or through Ab directly). There's a shop in the UK that sometimes sells accessories for CI's but don't know if powercel batteries is one product they sell or not, and don't know if they ship worldwide or just to UK only or how that works.

there really isn't a 3rd party company for the batteries though. basically one can only order extras for their AB devices (unless it's the regular AAA batteries for the Neptune, that can be bought anywhere) from AB (either through their audie or through Ab directly). There's a shop in the UK that sometimes sells accessories for CI's but don't know if powercel batteries is one product they sell or not, and don't know if they ship worldwide or just to UK only or how that works.

Connevans sends all over the world or most places anyway and they sell AB Harmoney Batteries, both the slim and standard size. Might work out cheaper, I don't know?!

yeah Connevans. I have no idea what they have in stock haha. I just know they do have some CI related items.

Wirelessly posted (iPod touch 4th generation.)

I have been implanted in year 1999. Now I have problem with advanced bionics does not accept Medicaid. I am reconsidering have it removed ci I can't afford a new battery and other parts I think is silly that u have to pay out of the pocket. Money worth. No partial money plan. So it is not worth it go through all of that.

I think the real issue is that you feel burdened by your implant to the point that you would consider having your implant removed. This seems to indicate that you don't get much benefit from your implant. You shouldn't feel like you were forced to have an implant.
And unless the internal implant is causing problems, having it removed would be a surgery that is unnecessary.

I'm trying to get approved for an implant and the only problem for me is financial. If only we could trade.

Back