i got my hearing aids!

Are these your first hearing aids ? What color are they it looks dark blue to me. I have purple ones and the earmolds are purple too.

Congratulation on your new HA !

Are these your first hearing aids ? What color are they it looks dark blue to me. I have purple ones and the earmolds are purple too.

Congratulation on your new HA !

Yes they are my first, they are black. My audiologist is thinking about getting ear molds for me because these are not doing exactly what she wanted. Im so happy, I could hear my mom talking to me. It feels amazing :lol:

THank you<3

Wow..those.are small hearing aids....
They dont have earmolds how do they go into ear?
Great your learning sign angel....
Wicked....

Yes they are my first, they are black. My audiologist is thinking about getting ear molds for me because these are not doing exactly what she wanted. Im so happy, I could hear my mom talking to me. It feels amazing :lol:

THank you<3

I have to wear earmolds or my HA would be feed backing all the time.
That is great you can hear your mom talk to you . I was 8 yo when I got my first HA and I was able to hear myself talking ! :giggle: I talked very loud as a child and I still talk very loud today , out of habit .
Did any household items sound loud to you , paper bags were very noisy to me .

Wow..those.are small hearing aids....
They dont have earmolds how do they go into ear?
Great your learning sign angel....
Wicked....
Those are Receiver in the canal ( RIC) my Semens were the same , very small size but lots of power, just not enough power for me and now I have CI.

The RIC will get feedback due to the small size and being a hard plastic the seal breaks and you get feedback, I got a lot of feed back with mine when talking and chewing... that may be the issue she is having. The ear molds would be bigger and seal properly.

I go to the audiologist next Friday, to talk about ear molds, she said these aren't powerful enough for me. My 1st audiologist suggested these but my new one doesn't like them as much.

I go to the audiologist next Friday, to talk about ear molds, she said these aren't powerful enough for me. My 1st audiologist suggested these but my new one doesn't like them as much.

Just based on my experience the soft molds work well with powerful hearing aids. Try not to get the hard ones as they don't make a good seal not to mention they can get uncomfortable.

Last edited:
I remember vaguely when I got my first set of hearing aids (I was three), I heard voices for the first time, and sounds I never knew it existed, it was astonishing for me. I was confused at first, I had a difficult time sorting out the sounds and find out where they were coming from and all. It's great that you can hear your mom talking. I'm glad you like your hearing aids. :)

I had always used hard ear molds. A tried the soft ones a few years ago thinking they might make a tighter fit. They did but they quickly gave me the worst ear infection I ever had. I suspect I am allergic to the silicone but didn't know it until I tried these. Back to Lucite and no issues.

Back