I got a very strange mail from DMV????

Sounds like DRAF is another way to make money within the NY government.

Does any other states carry such thing as DRAF?

Georgia has a similar program called super speeder law in which if you get busted for going 90 mph or higher (I think) your fine will be even more expensive.

I understand about the drivers lincense address thing - same thing happened to me. I moved from one house to another and I got a renewal lincense with new address on it. Few years later I got a ticket and the letter went to my old address. good thing for me I was able to access mail there and needless to say i marched right to the local DMV and complained. LOOK! my lincense says new house but you sent letter to old address. what GIVES? all they did is shrug and say ok . sorry. and they moved on from there . I was flabbergasted. I gave up and just moved on too.

Thank you! That's what I was trying to get at and wondered if that was the situation with the OP.

Done with arguing about this since I know nothing about it (apparently you do...)..

As it is it is also likely that the DMV is behind at least 6 months in sending out stuff if the letter was dated February 2015 so it isn't exactly being dragged out that much- although it is 2 months later right now. I would think the DMV would be more prompt than that.

I am not arguing, I am simply explaining how this work since you seem to have some doubts.
and is not that "I know" - it all is explained on their website. you too, can read it all and find out the same.

Fuzzy

*Bump* I got busted by NYPD in Staten Island for illegally drive on HOV lane this morning. I could not find the fee chart on NYS DMV website (except the back of the ticket I received from a cop). My violation is disobeying traffic control device. Fine? $50, yeah, but NYS adds surcharge top on my fine..$88. Total is $138. :rolleyes:

I will pay the fine plus surcharge online once it enters into NYS DMV website system.

Upset? Nah, I laughed at myself. Note to myself, next time I drive to LI, I take Holland Tunnel/Manhattan instead of Staten Island. :giggle:

You're lucky you got caught in NY and not in CA. In CA that $50 fine plus fees probably would of put you out of pocket about $550-$700!

Back