I found out, My grandaughter have Hydrocephalus.

sunflowergal

Reaction score
We got home from Tulsa, Oklahoma last night. Last Thursday evening, We went to see my step-son, daughter-in-law and grandaugter, Haylee in Tulsa, Ok. I was holding my 4 months old grandaughter, Haylee in my arms and I looked around her head but I didn't find bump on her head. I asked my step-son, "where is bump on her head?" He point to her Haylee's right side of her head near ear and there is bump and swelling I saw. I noticed Haylee's head being large. It cause her vein in her brain is swelling and too much fluid and water in brain. Last Friday afternoon, The doctor fixed to drill hold on Haylee's head and insert tube in head through down to her stomach. Haylee's surgery went very well. She went home with her parents yesterday at noon. She will get little older, she will have change new tube in her vein again and she will have more health problem in the future. She may have seizure when she get little older. We found out what went wrong with her! Haylee have Hydrocephalus. That's very sad to know, she have Hydrocephalus. :(

One of friend told my hubby that deaf woman's brother had surgery when he was a baby just like my grandaughter. Deaf woman said he died of Hydrocephalus when he was 15 years old. I don't know what will happening to Haylee in the future. :(

Check it out:
NeurosurgeryToday.org | What is Neurosurgery | Patient Education Materials | hydrocephalus

Hydrocephalus (water on the brain) Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment on MedicineNet.com

If you have relative or friend who have hydrocephalus. I want to hear the story from you. Thank you!

Hi I developed hydrocephalus when I was very young as well. I was shunted when I was just under a month old.

Hold out hope! Your granddaughter could do very well! It's not always as bleak as what the doctor's say it is.

Hang in there! If you would like to PM me with questions, feel free! I've been dealing with the condition my entire life.

:hug:

Arkie gal,

its Sara1981

i had sezuire when i was 12 years old i have no problems with my brian but i went to EEG for sezuire makes sure im okay.

its really scary for me have sezuire but im using medicine everyday morning and night they wont collaspe me sometime i missed medicine.

i know that not easy for your granddaughter have hydrocephalus but your granddaughter's surgery went well.

mostly people and kids who have sezuire they must have medicine all the times one of my late childhood friend dies in 1995 from airport because they refuse take medicine! im shock hear about my childhood friend dies i would suggestion my late friend get medicine everyday than NOTHING!

Arkie gal,

its Sara1981

i had sezuire when i was 12 years old i have no problems with my brian but i went to EEG for sezuire makes sure im okay.

its really scary for me have sezuire but im using medicine everyday morning and night they wont collaspe me sometime i missed medicine.

i know that not easy for your granddaughter have hydrocephalus but your granddaughter's surgery went well.

mostly people and kids who have sezuire they must have medicine all the times one of my late childhood friend dies in 1995 from airport because they refuse take medicine! im shock hear about my childhood friend dies i would suggestion my late friend get medicine everyday than NOTHING!

I am sorry about your childhood friend. She should get the note from her doctor and she suppposed to show the approve papers to them with her medicine before she entered in airport. That was too late for her.

Back